GK Volume knob assign off/on only?

Started by Jetplane, April 15, 2017, 03:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetplane

I have a setting for All Along the Watchtower that I use that uses my Expression Pedal like this:

Switch On: turns on Wah and turns off Delay
Switch Off: Exp pedal to bring in Delay (toe down-Delay, heel down-Delay off)

I use backing tracks playing back from USB Memory so CTL switch is off limits to control anything but switching from displaying playback mode to Bank display. I don't want to mess with that.

What I want to know, is there any way to assign the GK Volume knob to a minimum and maximum volume for the patch? Or is fully lowered always silent, and fully raised always maximum? I want to set fully lowered to be merely quieter but not silent. Is that possible?

gumtown

Yes you can do that.
First you need to set the GK-Vol System/Global Function to "Off".
this will stop the current default action as Patch level 0~100.

Then use an Assign as follows

Assign 1***********
[Assign1: On/Off] = On
[Assign1: Target] = PATCH LEVEL
[Assign1: Min] = 60   ..... set the minimum level here
[Assign1: Max] = 120  ....... st the maximum level here
[Assign1: Source] = GK VOL
[Assign1: Source Mode ] = Moment
[Assign1: Range Low] = 0
[Assign1: Range High] = 127

Then save the patch, you will need to do this for all required patches.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Jetplane

Thank you. I really need to study this assign stuff more. There are so many options in the various parameters.

Jetplane

I set everything as in your chart Gumtown. It works, but TARGET MAX:200 (default)is insanely loud so I set it to 120 as per your chart. It is still WAY louder than what it was before I set global function to OFF. So then, I set it to 60 and MIN to about 45. The 60 MAX setting seemed about the same volume level as it was before I set global function OFF.

Does that sound right for how it works?

Jetplane

Well, I must have done something wrong. Now my Normal pickup isn't working on any of my patches.
UPDATE: Never mind. I just ran across this thread:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3402.msg22574#msg22574