Fishman Tripleplay - East-West Samples for FTP

Started by LightWing, December 20, 2016, 08:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dblacha

Thanks Elantric for info. Didn't realize that Play v4 is so old.
BTW, I can run any software I need, and any VST on this 32b OS, without any problem.
The EW is a not expected exception.

Quote from: Elantric on June 13, 2017, 05:32:28 PM
IMHO the last good 32 bit version of Windows was WinXP

I unfortunately have one computer that runs a 32 bit version of Windows 7, and that computer is by far the machine that is most incompatible with modern software I try to run on it.
[...]
VG8 / VG88 / VG99 / WP20G / GP10 / SY1000 / GKP4 / US20 / Sustainiac / EBow

Elantric

Vaultnaemsae

Also wondering, once I upgraded to the full version of the East West Midi Guitar libraries, how can I delete the teaser pack from the library (is there a database file)? Also as the 5 packs didn't install in numerical volume sequence they come up in a jumbled sequence.

Anybody know how to fix these minor but annoying issues?

Also, is this thing with one computer only per license sorted out? Seems a little ridiculous.

Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

admin

I suggest you will achieve faster response from the source

Contact East-West support directly
http://www.soundsonline.com/Support

vxboogie

$50 price drop! Looks like the packs are $99 now at Sweetwater.

I might have to buy some now.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=Eastwest+midi&Go=Search

Vaultnaemsae

If your factory preset library gets messed up like mine did you can delete the files with .tplib extensions from this location on Mac, it's a hidden folder so you can use the 'Go To Folder' command and select Library in Finder's 'Go' menu.

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/ ---- {I guess it's c:/programdata/tripleplay/ etc. on WIN but haven't checked.}

Be sure to rebuild after that from inside the Factory Patch area in the FTP app.

Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

PeterPan8

Anyone knows the end date of the Midi Guitar Series sale?

PeterPan8

I got my answer from the chat box on their website: November 30th is the last day of the sale.

lord preset

FYI,  EastWest has a NAMM special on the MIDI Guitar Series.  I got the entire set of five volumes for $399.  http://www.soundsonline.com/namm

That said I'm not sure that every volume is especially useful.  The Soundscapes volume is full of soundtrack-type stuff that IMO is not great for general use.  The guitar volume has lots of processed electric guitars that seem kind of pointless since you can probably do those yourself and not enough acoustic guitars, although the ones that are there are good.   Overall I am happy with the bundle. So far the instruments are far more playable than the ones in Sampletank 3, NI, etc.

mos6507

Quote from: PeterPan8 on May 23, 2017, 10:04:32 AM
In regards to what you said, I can ask: Is there a way to "stretch" the sound so it covers the whole fretboard? or can I "move" the sound, some sort of displacement maybe?

The way I would handle this with instruments of a particular class, like strings, is to merely blend samples from another instrument of lower or higher range.  Of course, there's some overlap, but go from bass to cello to violin, maybe skipping the viola.  But this would be presented as if it's a single patch.  If you're playing strings you're playing strings.  If you play a low E you presumably want a stringed instrument that can produce a low E rather than the system not producing a tone because it's locked you into a literal simulation of a violin.  So it's not a string split or a fret split (although you could I guess constrain range that way in order to plug gaps) but more of a logical note split if you will.

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

kimyo

do i get the full benefit of the eastwest mods for guitar input if i don't use the fishman vst? 

i prefer to route the midi to individual tracks in ableton and use the fishman vst only for tuning and settings. 

i send the 6 midi tracks to a single instance of the 'play' vst.  the eastwest instruments work fine in this manner, but i wonder if i'm losing the benefit of the customization (" Hammer Ons, Hammer offs, Legato playing,  separate MIDI channel per string for multi string bending").

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: kimyo on July 10, 2021, 02:52:31 AM
do i get the full benefit of the eastwest mods for guitar input if i don't use the fishman vst? 

i prefer to route the midi to individual tracks in ableton and use the fishman vst only for tuning and settings. 

i send the 6 midi tracks to a single instance of the 'play' vst.  the eastwest instruments work fine in this manner, but i wonder if i'm losing the benefit of the customization (" Hammer Ons, Hammer offs, Legato playing,  separate MIDI channel per string for multi string bending").

Easier with a DAW like Reaper, Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, i.e. ones that support multiple MIDI channels per track, but based on how you describe your setup, it should give you the same results as you would get using the TriplePlay plugin.