The Better Days Band

Started by vtgearhead, December 03, 2016, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtgearhead

Me and my cohorts opening for Marshall Tucker in Stowe, VT (April 2015).  Sound is off a small stand-mounted video cam and I apologize for the unevenness.  Yours truly at stage-left playing my PRS Custom 24 through a Fender Mustang IIIv2.  Thanks to the talented Andre' Maquera (a better guitarist than I'll ever be) for stepping up as FOH mixer for the gig.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBetterDaysBand/videos/

Our first time in front of a large audience (> 600 folks packed into an Apres-Ski bar).  Nervousness aplenty...

whippinpost91850

Having trouble opening the video

vtgearhead

Odd, it should be visible to anyone.  Granted, I'm not a Facebook expert.  Is anyone able to get to it?

FYI: If you're using Firefox you may be running into a recent issue where it simply refuses to play videos from Facebook due to a perceived security issue with one of the AV codecs.  I had trouble viewing other Facebook videos from this forum until I upgraded the library (Ubuntu 14.04 Linux).

Brent Flash

Quote from: snhirsch on December 03, 2016, 05:45:26 PM
Is anyone able to get to it?
Two videos play at the link when I tried.

Elantric

As always Facebook videos are only available to Facebook users

You would have to enter the Video folder on Facebook and right click to copy the Video URL  and post that URL link

But it's hit or miss, typically the person watching must be a Facebook member and logged in before they can watch Facebook Videos.

But I can watch them after I click through your link

Elantric

Its better in Stereo -

there is a  Phase issue in Mono

Cool band!!

gumbo

Hey there snh...I REALLY (!!) like what you've got going there.. 8)

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

vtgearhead

Thanks, guys.  Three of us (myself, drummer and bass player) played together in a hard-working road act from 1972-1976.  We got back together in 2012 for a reunion gig and had such a good time we couldn't figure out why we ever stopped.  Mike (the other guitarist) was a fan from "back in the day" and jumped at the chance to join in. 

The phasing issues on that recording are a bit bizarre.  The channels seem out of phase only through part of the spectrum.  I tried reversing phase on one and it made things worse.  After this experience I bought a Tascam DR-40 and use that for room recordings (does a much better job). 

whippinpost91850

I even loged into me seldom used facebook acct and it said the same thing that they were having troublr playing them

vtgearhead

What browser and OS are you using?

whippinpost91850

Internet explorer.  I didn't try my mac.  Windows7/64

gumbo

No probs on my old Mac & Google Chrome...
...I can get the vids to play from all incoming directions..   ???
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

GustavoWoltmann

Great gig. I really love the set up of stage. I really miss the old days when me and my bandmates on Metropolitan school of Panama perform live stage on battle of the bands. Now that I have my own family I am now unable to do those things. Congrats to your Band.
Regards,
Gustavo Woltmann
__
"I finished my first book seventy-six years ago. I offered it to every publisher on the English-speaking earth I had ever heard of. Their refusals were unanimous: and it did not get into print until, fifty years later; publishers would publish anything that had my name on it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Hurricane

8)

You guys kick @$$ , really cool thanks for sharing this .

EZ :

HR

;D