Mooer / Devin Townsend Ocean Machine Delay/Reverb/Looper Pedal

Started by aliensporebomb, October 26, 2016, 06:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

Ludek

I received mine yesterday from Thomann.de. First impressions were embarrassing - I plugged the outs into my Boss RC-202 ins and the "digital artifacts" I heard about from some reviewers were so audible that I said to myself - I had to return it immediately.. Several times  I also managed to get such a feedback that I it almost tore my ears and had to switch everything off as I was confused and didn't know where is the feedback source... 
Everything changed when I plugged the OM outputs directly in stereo into my Roland JC 40 and VOX AC10. The artifacts are gone and the sound is really inspiring, though I must admit it will take some time to be fully oriented in the device operation. So I don't know whether the mistake is in nature of both devices or some special cables connections or setting must be made...I'l try again today later in the afternoon.
I also discovered several things I do not like (if its really true ) - I am afraid that even though the midi implementation is quite complex in OM, it does not have midi sync - at least I could not find how to get in sync operation with my RC-202. The manual does not say anything about it and no answer to my question can be found on the web yet.
Another bad thing is that the pedal control can be applied only onto a single parameter ( you can't control both A and B delay mix for instance ) and I also could not find out how to limit the course of the pedal from its minimal value to the desired one ( it's always the 100% value ).
Nevertheless my feelings about the OM are very positive. I spent two hours playing with it yesterday and it was really fun.

Headless68

Just got one of these to add to VG99 - price point is great (£180 new - free delivery next day - from Juno )
will see what fun it brings :-)