Sweetwater GearFest Fort Wayne IN June 17th & 18th

Started by admin, April 29, 2016, 07:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

http://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/
http://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/presenters/?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gf3-042916
Join 10,000 fellow musicians for two exciting days of free workshops, gear demos, deals, giveaways, and more.
FORT WAYNE, IN
June 17–18, 2016

View Last Year's Highlights
You are invited to the US's largest music gear trade show that is free and open to the general public. GearFest 2016 is going to be more amazing, with two full days of hands-on gear demonstrations, workshops held by top engineers and musicians, amazing musical performances, and chances for you to win over $88,000 of free gear. Learn from and interact with hundreds of instrument and equipment designers and the industry's leading artists. Don't miss a minute of this incredible opportunity. Make your reservation now, and plan on attending the Midwest's greatest gear event: GearFest 2016.
Learn from Industry Icons
Bunny Brunel
Bunny Brunel
View full bio
Carl Verheyen
Carl Verheyen
View full bio
Chris Tomlin's Band & Crew
Chris Tomlin's Band & Crew
View full bio
Craig Anderton
Craig Anderton
View full bio
Fab Dupont
Fab Dupont
View full bio
Larry Dunn
Larry Dunn
View full bio
Queen Cora Dunham
Queen Cora Dunham
View full bio
Sylvia Massy
Sylvia Massy
View full bio
Todd Sucherman
Todd Sucherman
View full bio
View all presenters

Meet the creators of your music gear
With over 350 manufacturers on-site, you'll have the opportunity to talk with everyone from master guitar luthiers and drum builders to microphone designers and acoustic engineers. You'll be able to get your hands on cutting edge audio equipment and musical instruments and gain valuable insight into the tools of our trade.

Free workshops and panels with top musicians, producers, and engineers
How can you achieve the best guitar tone? What's the best way to get a great drum sound? How do you make your speakers sound their best in any room? Musicians and engineers will expand their knowledge by interacting with industry veterans during two days of non-stop instruction held in our Performance Theatre, conference halls, and recording studios.

Over $88,000 of Gear Giveaways
If you attend GearFest, you're automatically eligible to win a cool prize like a new guitar, microphone, audio interface, or any of dozens of other prizes. Last year, nearly 200 lucky guests left GearFest with a great prize. Join us this year, and you could be one of them.

Save with GearFest-exclusive deals
GearFest is about helping you find the right gear for you and also about getting it at a great value. Whether you're out in our huge gear tents or taking advantage of bargains at the DealZone, you'll find GearFest savings throughout.

Free Guitar and Bass Restringing
While you're here, why not have Sweetwater's expert guitar techs restring your favorite instrument? Our professional restringing has always been a big hit in years past, and it's absolutely free!

Open-box Tent and Flea Market with Hundreds of Hot Deals
We may have opened it to shoot a demo video, check the packaging, or for some other reason, but one thing is for sure—if it's in the Open-box Tent, you're going to get a great deal on it.

Delicious Food and Refreshments On-site
You don't have to miss a minute of GearFest to enjoy a delicious lunch, a cool ice cream, or a caffeinated pick-me-up. We'll be ready to serve you from our own Downbeat Diner and Crescendo Cafe, and several of our area's most popular food trucks will be here too.

Check Out Thousands of Products in Our Music Store
In addition to 20 tents full of gear, check out our incredible music showroom where you can get your hands on guitars, pedals, and more.

Discover Fort Wayne, the Home of Sweetwater
Fort Wayne is home to a multitude of outstanding restaurants and attractions for the whole family. There's plenty to see and do, so your fun doesn't have to end when GearFest does!

Meet the Sweetwater Team
We're excited to meet you in person—owner/founder Chuck Surack, hundreds of expert Sales Engineers, and the rest of the passionate Sweetwater team aim to make GearFest an unforgettable event.

Elantric

whippinpost91850

BobbyD

I am going to GearFest this year as I heard it is an amazing event. It's FREE and they have a tremendous amount of breakout sessions for those looking to learn a new thing or two.  It is billed as the biggest musical event in the country and expecting over 10,000 people.  I am flying in from NY.   If you live in the area, and are in driving range, it may be worth the trip.  Check out all the different workshops and presenters who will be there. http://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/

PM me if you are going as I would love to meetup with some forum members.

Peace

BobbyD

CBHScott

Went last year and four years ago, and it is a pretty amazing event. I can't go this year for various reasons, but mostly budget :( . They usually have everything at a 15-20% discount, plus some MAJOR blowouts, especially in the special "blowout tent". I pickup up a new (blem?) Godin LGXT for under 800 bucks last year (sold it since), and the closer they get to the end of Day 2, the bigger the markdowns get.

Elantric

CBHScott

At the insistance of my disabled SIL, I ended up going with her today. Not as many big blowouts in the "open box" tent as last year (unless you were in the market for a Gibson ES Les Paul at $2K). It was a really good event again, but for whatever reason just didn't seem to really do it for me this year. Did get to see a "Paul Smith" ;) mingling in the cafeteria, and one Greg Koch randomly ripping into a Strat at the Fishman display  8)