RPI - GR-55 Keytools - Harmonizer/Alt Tuning/Instrument Picker ( RPI+PD+ TouchOSC)

Started by Jonfate, August 06, 2015, 07:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonfate

Hello all.
I am working on a project using a Raspberry Pi and a wireless LAN to remotely enable a harmonizer (using the 12 string option as the 2nd harmony), select from a list of alternate tunings and change your selected PCM 1 instrument on the fly. You can control this all from a mobile device/table via TouchOSC or by remotely connecting to the Raspberry PI using VNC.
I made a video
! No longer available
with a quick demo.
If anyone has any interest I would be happy to explain further.
Many thanks to asb2m10 for the alt. tuner idea and letting me use his tuning list and the harmonizer discussion by Fusion and all of SuperNiCd suggestions. 

Jonfate

I added a pitch shifter and killswitch to this project

pd patch will be online soon if anyone is interested.

sixeight

Cool. Love it. Looks very good. I guess you do the harmony by changing the interval on one of the synths?

Jonfate

Thanks!
I actually use the Guitar Models 12 string option and change the interval there and use that as my harmonized note.

sixeight

Jonfate

That is a cool project. I am thinking about making my own enclosure and may hit you up with a few questions.

foofiequaf

Jonfate,

It looked like you were using a samsung phone in one of the vids.  Am I mistaken ?  If not, do you have an app that runs on that phone (or better yet a droid device like a samsung tablet) ?  I'd love to try the harmonizer if you do.

Elantric

He's using the Android version of TouchOSC for remote control
But that's an iPad in the video in 1st link above
I believe the Harmonizer is a Pure Data (PD) application on Raspberry Pi single board computer

foofiequaf

Elantric,

Thanks.  I must have had the two vids mixed up in my head.  Its a shame there isn't a true harmonizer on the GR-55.  If it had one I could, most likely, gig with just it and not have to have something else to play harmony parts. 

Jonfate

Hi  foofiequaf,

Elantric is correct. My first video was just an iPad connected to a Remote Desktop on the raspberrypi running a pure data app.

I then added TouchOSC  as shown in the second video to offer more functionality.

It is a shame there is no built in harmonizer and we have to rely on some other piece of hardware. I figured since I was making one I may as well add some other features to the mix.