GK cable 10ft included in GP10GK ?

Started by Kriskras, June 19, 2015, 09:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kriskras

First apologise for my poor English.
In the GP10 online manual page 16 is mentioned that a GK-13pins-cable is included when purchasing a GP10GK. I informed for this at Bax Shop online store (Netherlands & Belgium). I received an answer in which they confirm there is no 13cable included in the GP10GK package and it should be ordered seperately (15 or 20ft). I attempted them to the manual information. According to them there could be a difference between the US an the European version. Can someone confirm this please. Thanks in advance. Kriskras.

admin

Fluke

Hi,

I had the same trouble in the UK with a few suppliers, who advertised the product wrongly and didn't seem to understand the differences.
The first time I ordered a GP-10GK, I was sent a GP-10S.

The GP-10GK includes a power supply, the GK3 pickup and a GKC-5 cable.
The GP-10S includes only a power supply and does not include the GK3 pickup, or cable.

Since we are in the EU, it would seem odd that another EU country would have a different version of the GP-10GK with the GK3, but no cable.
Please check they aren't mistakenly listing the GP-10S as GP-10GK, if they are, the GK3 pickup will also be excluded.

I now own both GK and S versions.
A minor detail I should mention, is that on my two units, the power supplies (though identical) carry a small sticker that says GP-10GK and GP-10S respectively.

Hope that helps.

admin

If the factory seal is opened , I've heard of dealers trying to make more money by removing the supplied accessories . Then forcing you to buy the cable they stole from the official Boss GP-10GK package. It's an old trick.

If Bax Shop tries to tell you the GP-10GK does not come with the GK 13 pin cable (as the Boss Manual clearly states , they are ripping you off.

I'd avoid doing business with such a dealer

lvs

Quote from: Kriskras on June 19, 2015, 09:58:11 PMI received an answer in which they confirm there is no 13cable included in the GP10GK package and it should be ordered seperately (15 or 20ft).

I bought a GP-10GK and a few other things from Bax Shop, and in my experience they conduct attractive price, shipping and guarantee politics. I don't think you'll find a GP-10GK less expensive elsewhere and yes, a 13-pin cable should be included. By the way, it won't be the first or last webstore whose personnel just start talking out of their hat when confronted with a question they don't immediately know the answer to.

A late reaction, but I hope it still helps.
Lucas

gumtown

If it is sold as a GP-10-GK then it comes with every thing required to make it work.

Would you buy a new car and have the dealer tell you the wheels are an optional extra.?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/