Graphtech teeny weeny connectors

Started by neophytte, October 15, 2012, 11:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neophytte

Does anyone know the name for the tiny connectors on the Graphtech Ghost system (and maybe where to get them in Australia?)?

I don't mind shelling out for parts, but $30+post is a bit rich for a momentary on-off-on switch  :o

Cheers

Richard

spitfire

I'm far from certain as I have only had a quick look at an actual Graphtech Ghost system board. But I think they use 2 mm headers.

Minitek series made by FCI (seen below at Digikey), looks like it might be what you're looking for. Don't forget this is just the housing. Pins are sold separately. No idea where you would get them in Australia. Though, 2 mm connectors are a standard thing. So even if you can't get FCI easily, you shouldn't have trouble finding them.

FYI, the crimps are VERY small and pretty hard to get on the end of the wires. I.E., you likely be cussing like a sailor before you're done. Might just be better to pay for the real thing and fight a different battle.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/90311-004LF/609-2776-ND/1090030

neophytte

Thanks mate (that's my obligatory "mate" out of the way :) ) - I actually did pretty much as you suggested, but bought a graph-tech bit that was cheaper, and will use the connector to wire up the switch. \

Cheers

Richard

Elantric

More detailed alternative sources for most internal small Crimp Connectors used on 13 pin systems is here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9094.0

whippinpost91850

I'm looking for some tiny male and female connectors so I can make my JTV89 left handed I want to splice each bridge wire so I CAN REVERSE IT IF NEED BE

kknyc

Quote from: neophytte on October 15, 2012, 11:48:01 PMDoes anyone know the name for the tiny connectors on the Graphtech Ghost system (and maybe where to get them in Australia?)?

I don't mind shelling out for parts, but $30+post is a bit rich for a momentary on-off-on switch  :o

Cheers

Richard

Hi, yes these are 2mm pitch. The Molex brand name for these is "Milli-grid".
I just order parts from Digikey, theres a 'kit' with an assortment of header sizes.