RC300 - Trouble with verse, chorus, bridge starting on time

Started by senorpotatohead, July 14, 2014, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

senorpotatohead

Hello

RC - 300 Loop Station Issue !

I am having trouble getting the verse, chorus, bridge setup to start properly.  I hit button # 1 verse starts just fine.   I hit button #2 and when the verse comes around the chorus starts up just fine.  But when I hit button #3 the bridge part comes in late. Like a half beat late. I try doing the verse, then the bridge it is all good also, until I hit chorus and again half a beat late.  So it seems that the third part is always
the one that comes in late.

I have it set for each to start when the next one hits the end of the 8 bars (all parts are 8 bars).  I've tried it several ways, including using the feature that it starts to record when you hit the first note and still, it doesn't work proper.

Anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong ?   

Thanks

SPH

shawnb

90% of this is practice & timing.   If anything, you need to nail the buttons a little early, so it knows you want it to change... 

I would also experiment with the TEMPO sync & LOOP sync options, try different variations, see what works best for you.   I would first try TEMPO sync off & LOOP sync on.   I would also try the MEASURE settings at FREE or a fixed # (not AUTO). 

If you use Single Track Play, for what you describe, I'd suggest a Track Change setting of "Loop End"

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

senorpotatohead

Hello

I will try some of the things you mentioned.  But concerning the loop end deal, that is what I'm using, which is why I'm confused.
I totally agree on the practice and timing, I use the looper in my M-9 for working on tunes and never seem to get it right, but in
that case, no biggie.  That is why the ' loop end ' feature on the RC-300 was so appealing, can't really blow it.  However, since I am using that feature I can't understand why it won't start on time, especially when it is always the 3rd loop, no matter whether I make the verse, chorus or bridge the 3rd loop !  Does that make any sense ?

Thanks for your reply

SPH

shawnb

My first thought - "Loop End" only works in Single Track mode - are you in Single Track Mode?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

senorpotatohead

Hello

I believe that I am in single track mode, but I will check to make sure !

Thanks for the thought !

SPH

senorpotatohead

Hello

So I checked out a few things and I am for sure using single track mode and loop end !  So anyone with any thoughts as to why the
track 3, is not starting on time ?

Thanks

SPH

Cricket

Are you using the rhythm with these loops?

Do you have loop sync and tempo sync on?

Have you checked that all 3 tracks have the same tempo?   Sometimes the RC calculates the tempo for a track strangely... If the tempo doesn't match the others (and I'm not positive why this can happen) I think you need to re-record, you can't just change the tempo without introducing "wobble" I don't think.

You also might try re-recording your parts for track 3 and see if you can't get the lag to go away.

Some things that come to mind, anyway.  I haven't had a big problem with getting my loops to work together.

One last thought:  what happens if you start track 3 first?  Is there a lag then?  If so, then it is probably on the loop itself and the part will need to be re-recorded.

senorpotatohead

Hello

Thnks for the info

Another gentleman mentioned those 2 SYNC functions, but I have yet to check into that, but I will over the
weekend.

About the Rhythm, I'm not using that function in the looper.  Instead I'm using the actual Drum track that I will
be using for the tune from my ZOOM Recorder.  So when I play to that, then do playback the Drums are fine and in
Sync with the First 2 parts I use, whether 1, 2, or 3 in any order.  Again, when I attempt to add the 3rd Part, that is when the
1/2 beat lag is apparent, because it is now, not in time with the ZOOM !  Which again is odd, since the first two parts
are in time, with loop end and single track, then the 3rd part is off, again, no matter which order I use them in.

SPH

swift1127

I know it's been a little over a year, but has this issue been resolved?