GR-55 - Clavinet Funk with Auto Wah 1

Started by MoeSnodgrass, June 25, 2013, 11:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoeSnodgrass

[Scroll down for follow up post for version 2]

To my ears an improvement on the stock clavs. Clavs on old school funk recordings often seem to have wah so there you have it.

This patch tracks pretty well and does decent chords either fingerstyle or picked.

The Auto Wah, set default to "BPM>1/4 note," relies on the "MFX>Super Filter" so if you desire a different note-based rate or alternatively a time-based rate, play around with the Super Filter.

Enjoy,
Moe

whippinpost91850

Thanks Moe , can't wait to try this ;D

MoeSnodgrass

Anyone who wants to use this might try lowering one or both PCMs one octave to active what would be the lower range of the clav. The lowered PCMs sound still sound like a clav but with a tracking bass guitar, and that's not bad; it gets even funkier but tracking suffers a little.

mrtroper

Evgeniy

your patch is excellent
second look like Stevie Wonder Superstition keyboards ))))
Thx !!!

MachineGunFunk

is it possible to combine these patches and use the foot pedal to control the octave at which the keys are played. I really like this effect on the double low piano patch, you can fingerpick one chord and use the pedal to make it sound an octave higher without changing position. This would be neat to integrate into this patch. I just got my gr 55 so I will look into which controls would make this possible but any insight is appreciated.
Spreading Banjo Awareness and positivity