Kemper Profiling amp- "amp clone" beyond modeling!

Started by RicardoLove, March 02, 2011, 04:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BackDAWman

Not sure if this has been asked before, couldn't find it...

Does the MIDI in of the Kemper still accept MIDI data when using the Remote? I want my Macbook Pro to control patch changes via MIDI and use the Remote for wah, volume etc...

whippinpost91850

Yes it does still receive midi. I send program change via setlist maker from my iPAD , and still use the remote.

whippinpost91850

Awesome, Grab all the free Profiles on the Kemper website .  There are a bunch from some commercial profilers

BackDAWman

Got 'em and bought some Britt ones too.

Best bit of gear I've ever purchased!

thebrushwithin

QuoteGot 'em and bought some Britt ones too.

Best bit of gear I've ever purchased!

Same here - It's the real deal!!!

whippinpost91850

Same here , I've been gigging with mine for 5 years AND LOVE IT.

Elantric

Kemper DI Box
https://shop.kempermusic.us/profiler-di-box.html

Profiler DI Box is optimized to create perfectly authentic Direct Amplifier Profiles, which can then be monitored via guitar speaker cabinets. It's not suitable for other purposes. The Profiler DI-Box gets connected to the Profiler's XLR Return, offers galvanic isolation and can safely handle up to 500 Watt amp power.

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

whippinpost91850

"I use the Radial JDX 48 Active DI." Guitarbuilder

Can you defeat the cab-simulation on it?

scratch17

I have the Kemper DI, too. I already had a Radial JDV Mk3, but I bought it to toast bagels. You just connect it between the KPA and a 500 watt amp and throw the bagel onto the resistors. I do wish they'd put a slot in the top like other toasters.
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

admin

https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/30625-Mojotone-Faux-British-Amp-KPA-Rack-Pictures/

Mojotone Faux British Amp KPA Rack Pictures
Sep 20th 2016+3

I just got back from a run of shows using the new Faux British Amp Head KPA Rack that I co-designed with the good people from Mojotone. They now offer this as a stock product if anyone is interested. Here's the link: mojotone.com/Cabinets_x/Cabine...ure-with-Faux-British-Amp. They matched the color scheme on my 65 Cabinet perfectly (They actually built the cabs for 65 in the early days). Our FOH guy is going to hard wire the input jack in the front of the faux head to an angled cable that fits into the Kemper very soon.

Attached are a couple of live shots from a show Yacht Rock Revue played at the incredibly amazing Austin City Limits Live in Austin, TX. I know it makes "Kemper Spotting" a bit more challenging, but it's fun to hear people ask, "What kind of tube head is that, man?". The full stage shot is us playing the 80s classic "Break My Stride" with singer/songwriter/producer Matthew Wilder who has been one of the artists performing with us this summer.

whippinpost91850

Very Cool 8) Do you have any audio or video from your shows

Sorry just realized this was posted by adsustainiac... I just checked the Kemper site. They have a link with sound and video. Very good pop-rock band

http://www.yachtrockrevue.com/

scratch17

I have had a KPA since 2014. The profiling paradigm is unique. I love the way it sounds. And Kemper has added a lot of functionality to the KPA in the form of new profile types, and many new effects. All of these improvements have been free of charge. I certainly feel like I have gotten my money's worth.

However, it is time for Kemper to step up and create a new KPA.

The processing power of the KPA has not been upgraded. While some of the effects are stereo, you still can only use a single amp profile. And there are only four effects slots available.

The one digital input/output is constrained to 44.1 khz. This is a silly limitation in 2018.

Competitors like Fractal and Line 6 have increased the power of their DSP engines so that they can use multiple simultaneous amp models in up to 4 audio streams. The FX3 and Helix also have two stereo digital in/out paths with flexible routing and an editor making all parameter adjustments a snap. Nor are either constrained to a 44.1 khz sample rate.

I am hoping we see some sort of announcement at Musikmesse 2018 from Kemper.

BTW, here is a link to an article posted about the end of life of the DSP used in the KPA and the Access Virus (which is also owned and designed by Kemper). They may be forced to move to a different DSP platform which could be why there has been no newer and upgraded version of the KPA.

https://synthmorph.com/blogs/news/access-virus-future-kemper-amp-virus-ti3

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R

mooncaine

I skimmed that article, which fascinated me even though I understood probably no more than 30%!

I did notice, however, that a recent big-name audio processor maker was touting that their latest machine was based on (I think it was) four ARM chips, or a quadrophrenic ARM chip, or... anyway, some kinda ARM chip. They mentioned that as if consumers should know, and I found it interesting but had no idea why they'd mention it. Maybe it's to reassure us that, yes, they are thinking ahead and they can be trusted with the future of your music.

scratch17

So no new announcements from Kemper with Messe coming quite soon. But they have sold a bunch of their demo units and dropped the MSRP by $300 on the KPA recently.

Meanwhile, I checked the price of the FX3. It is really high at $3500. And I thought the KPA and FX2 were expensive. Sheesh!

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R

scratch17

Huge update in the Kemper world. Under Version 5.5.0.13341 (beta, available now), KPA now supports 48, 88.1 and 96 kHz sample rates. Also new is a stereo monitor out capability. Third new feature is that transpose is now in the Rig Settings.
So you can set transpose for particular rig, not wasting stomp slot for that.

Very cool!

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R

whippinpost91850

Digital out was updated all the way to 96hz a couple of weeks ago

scratch17

Great tool. I wonder if it will connect to my Kemper if I am running Windows 10 in Parallels on my Mac. I have a PC, but I'd prefer to keep it in my home theater.

Also wonder if MIDI learn is supported so I could connect a MIDI controller to have physical knobs, buttons, etc., mapped to the program.

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R