2017 Summer NAMM July 13-July15

Started by Elantric, June 29, 2017, 02:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: admsustainiac on July 06, 2017, 04:46:46 PM
http://www.musicradar.com/search?searchTerm=summer+namm

SUMMER NAMM 2016: Regular NAMM-goers may have spotted Evolution Guitars at the show over the past couple of the years, but this year, the company plans to release its design for the first modular guitar to the public.

Four different faceplate sound profiles are available for the guitar: metal, jazz, rock/blues and hip-hop - the modular design means these can be swapped at will, and allows one guitar to possess an unlimited variety of tones and styles.

Each faceplate retails for around half the cost of the full guitar, although Players Package and Studio Package bundles will offer discounted bundles. Players keen to put their own stamp on the guitar can also work with Evolution Guitars Custom Shop to create customised faceplates.

We don't know much about specs so far, but the modular design packs a semi-hollow body, and cavities for two humbuckers - GHS provides the strings, while GuitarHeads.net supplies the faceplates' pickups.

The designs have been two years in the making, but there's no word on pricing yet. We look forward to a more in-depth video of those faceplates in action soon...

I just checked their website and to my surprise these guitars weigh 13 lbs!  I don't know about you, but that is definitely a deal (or back) breaker for me!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

( . )( . )

Quote from: Elantric on July 13, 2017, 07:39:36 AM

Look what is being shown in Nashville today at 2017 Summer NAMM show

I understand Katana 2 x 12 cab revealed at NAMM , utilizes same 16 ohm speakers as Katana 100-212 combo -( 8 ohm total load)  but this tuned cabinet provides more  low end girth and thumb vs any open back combo

But if open back is what you prefer  - there is a removable rear panel so the player can have an open back option too - its like a working mans Waza 2 x12 cab

Any word on a timetable for its release?

ZenSonic

Feeling a bit bummed that Roland did not announce a new MFX unit at 2017 Summer NAMM that compares well with an FA AX8. I am chomping at the bit.