Triple Play + Futuresonus Parva plug n play compatibility confirmed

Started by chlorinemist, May 30, 2017, 07:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chlorinemist

Just got confirmation from the guys at Futuresonus that their Parva synthesizer is fully compatible with Triple Play via its USB host port. Apparently no one had ever had asked about this until me, despite it being such an obvious application in my eyes. They promptly went ahead and got an FTP and tested and came back with a positive report.

https://community.futureson.us/t/parva-with-fishman-tripleplay/707/2

If you're not aware, the Futuresonus Parva is an amazing new compact analog polysynth with, polyphonic aftertouch, MPE compatibility and a class compliant USB host port for class compliant USB MIDI devices (such as the FTP). This synth's specs are truly MONSTROUS:
8 Voices
•comprehensive MIDI implementation
Fully multi-timbral
•24 DCOs (3 oscillators per voice)
•32 envelopes (4 per voice)
•32 LFOs (4 per voice)
•LFOs and Envelopes can modulate over 40 destinations each
•16 analog multimode resonant filters
Individual 1/4" outputs per voice
polyphonic aftertouch
class compliant USB host port for class compliant USB MIDI devices (such as the FTP)

Nothing short of an $8000 Studio Electronics Code 8 or Yamaha CS80 can even compete with the featureset, and neither can match it. And its features are especially attractive in the context of midi guitars.

Because of it's multitimbral structure, each of the 6 strings can basically be assigned to it's own fully equipped, independently edit-able analog monosynth, complete with 3 oscillators, 4 envelopes, 4 LFOs, and 2 analog multimode filters PER VOICE, with two additional voices to spare to do with as you choose. The individual outputs means you can achieve the same work flow as you would be used to from using a string breakout box and recording each string to it's own track (like I do).

I just think this is all very exciting, and anyone considering spending $700 on an SY-300 or a flagship Roland system should at least be aware that this option is out there. And it is seemingly an awesome alternative solution for FTP users who might be looking for a good hardware synth counterpart and lamenting FTP's non-compatibility with 13 pin systems

admin

Other synths with USB Host that support Tripleplay Receiver directly

MAudio Accent Tone module
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17756.msg129708#msg129708

MidiPlus Mini Engine / Miditech PianoBox Mini - General MIDI Synth Module
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17369.msg124001#msg124001

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: chlorinemist on May 30, 2017, 07:00:54 PM
Just got confirmation from the guys at Futuresonus that their Parva synthesizer is fully compatible with Triple Play via its USB host port. Apparently no one had ever had asked about this until me, despite it being such an obvious application in my eyes. They promptly went ahead and got an FTP and tested and came back with a positive report.

https://community.futureson.us/t/parva-with-fishman-tripleplay/707/2

If you're not aware, the Futuresonus Parva is an amazing new compact analog polysynth with, polyphonic aftertouch, MPE compatibility and a class compliant USB host port for class compliant USB MIDI devices (such as the FTP). This synth's specs are truly MONSTROUS:
8 Voices
•comprehensive MIDI implementation
Fully multi-timbral
•24 DCOs (3 oscillators per voice)
•32 envelopes (4 per voice)
•32 LFOs (4 per voice)
•LFOs and Envelopes can modulate over 40 destinations each
•16 analog multimode resonant filters
Individual 1/4" outputs per voice
polyphonic aftertouch
class compliant USB host port for class compliant USB MIDI devices (such as the FTP)

Nothing short of an $8000 Studio Electronics Code 8 or Yamaha CS80 can even compete with the featureset, and neither can match it. And its features are especially attractive in the context of midi guitars.

Because of it's multitimbral structure, each of the 6 strings can basically be assigned to it's own fully equipped, independently edit-able analog monosynth, complete with 3 oscillators, 4 envelopes, 4 LFOs, and 2 analog multimode filters PER VOICE, with two additional voices to spare to do with as you choose. The individual outputs means you can achieve the same work flow as you would be used to from using a string breakout box and recording each string to it's own track (like I do).

I just think this is all very exciting, and anyone considering spending $700 on an SY-300 or a flagship Roland system should at least be aware that this option is out there. And it is seemingly an awesome alternative solution for FTP users who might be looking for a good hardware synth counterpart and lamenting FTP's non-compatibility with 13 pin systems

@Chlorinemist: Did you ever get a Parva and try it with FTP?
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973