General EQ tips in Boss Tone Studio

Started by aliendough, May 19, 2017, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliendough

I'm wondering if anyone has tips regarding the parametric EQ in the Boss Tone Studio?  I tend to leave it on default, but I realise it's quite powerful at shaping your overall sound. Would any have some go to settings they like to use?

Elantric

Quote from: aliendough on May 19, 2017, 03:40:02 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has tips regarding the parametric EQ in the Boss Tone Studio?  I tend to leave it on default, but I realise it's quite powerful at shaping your overall sound. Would any have some go to settings they like to use?

some miss this important thread and all the PDF docs contained there

Learn to Program Roland/Boss MultiFX Processors
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

Bill Ruppert

aliendough
The Boss/Roland EQ sections are insanely powerful.
They can take a ho-hum sound and turn it into the sound you have been searching for.
Please take the time to twist each knob and take a mental note to what happens to your sound.
Doing this will give you the ability to dial in sound fixes you need for a sound you are chasing.
Sometimes cutting/lowering rather than boosting a band will get you where you want to be.
When you cut one eq section, the other sections of the sound bands are now louder.
So its not just boost!
One tip, to remove "Fizz" or what all guitar players hate when using distortion, go to the last page of the EQ and turn down the high cut to 6.0kHz.
This is normally rolled off with a 12 inch guitar speaker and why people hate going direct.
Bill

aliendough

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on May 19, 2017, 08:23:23 PM
aliendough
The Boss/Roland EQ sections are insanely powerful.
They can take a ho-hum sound and turn it into the sound you have been searching for.
Please take the time to twist each knob and take a mental note to what happens to your sound.
Doing this will give you the ability to dial in sound fixes you need for a sound you are chasing.
Sometimes cutting/lowering rather than boosting a band will get you where you want to be.
When you cut one eq section, the other sections of the sound bands are now louder.
So its not just boost!
One tip, to remove "Fizz" or what all guitar players hate when using distortion, go to the last page of the EQ and turn down the high cut to 6.0kHz.
This is normally rolled off with a 12 inch guitar speaker and why people hate going direct.
Bill

Thanks for the tip Bill, just what I was after. 

aliendough

Quote from: Elantric on May 19, 2017, 04:04:30 PM
some miss this important thread and all the PDF docs contained there

Learn to Program Roland/Boss MultiFX Processors
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

I didn't see that thread, but it's a goldmine.  Those PDFs and links are very helpful and explain pretty much everything that I was after.  Many thanks, Elantric.  Best wishes.

Elantric

You are welcome

I also link that thread on 1st page of my blog at link below