Vb99 and gr20

Started by ped, March 24, 2017, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ped

Say I want to buy a gr20 to play with along with the vb99. What's the best way to use them together so my headphones still cone t to the vb99 or what are the other options to connect it? I don't really want to have to use it separately from the vb99

gumtown

A GK cable splitter, to run a GK to the VB-99 and GR-20.

VB-99 output can run into the GR-20 line input and be mixed in the GR-20.
You can plug you phones into the GR-20 and hear both the GR-20 and VB-99,
the GR-20 EXP pedal can be setup to mix between the GR-20 synth and the aux line input.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ped

Wow perfect that's exactly what I was hoping!!

Wish my luck on my synthy adventure

ped

Is there a way of doing this but having the VB99 as the headphone source? Long story but it'll be easier for me to use the jack on the VB99...

ped

Presumably having the VB99 as the 'last' in the chain I'd also be able to record the GR20 sounds from the VB99 USB out?

fokof

One would be to plug the output of the GR20 as the 1/4 bass input of the VB99

Two would be to "route" the signal through or MIX them both with another USB/firewire/thunderbolt interface wich would imply the need of a computer for the setup.
If you have a MOTU unit or another wich can work as Standalone , you do your setup , then, you just have to fire it up , no need for CPU except if you want to change something

ped

Thanks for that - OK I've got a US20 on the way so I'll fire it all up and see if I can work it out. I'd rather keep the VB99 as the sound card and 'master' unit if possible, but maybe a mini mixer would be the way forward; I'm not sure I'll get stereo effects from the GR20 otherwise...

Cheers

ped

Ok I've got it all working!

Final question - are any of the inputs on the VB99 stereo? In particular the 1/4" input, which, thinking about, is the only input other than the GK

admin

Quoteare any of the inputs on the VB99 stereo?

Stereo Analog inputs? - no

But the USB Audio input is Stereo, and 16 but USB Class Complaint  - so it does work with ipad , and should work with BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi.

three_eyed_otter

Quote from: ped on April 13, 2017, 02:10:32 PM
Ok, I've got it all working!

Final question - are any of the inputs on the VB99 stereo? In particular, the 1/4" input, which, thinking about, is the only input other than the GK

Hello to All,

So ped, how did this rig work out?  I have an SY-1000 & a GR 20...The GR 20 is boxed away, but I'd considered giving it some daylight if I thought it was worth some time.

Also, do you still get some play out of the VB99?  It seems they are well-loved by anybody that owns one.  I've looked for one, but the prices still seem a bit much considering I have the SY-1000.

Have a good one,

3EO

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fokof

What was the price asked ?

mooncaine

I'd like to know that, too.

fokof

Wow !

No wonder it didn't last long....

aliensporebomb

Wow indeed!  Keep your eyes out people!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mooncaine

Cheesencrackers, that was a great deal.

kenact

I clicked that link on Wednesday, and there was another one, so I bought it to use with my Godin A4. :)
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

kenact

It's interesting that, being virtually twins, the VG-99 got a system update to 1.04, but the VB-99 didn't. I'm curious. Does anyone know why?
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

gumbo

Quote from: kenact on February 26, 2021, 02:09:28 PM
It's interesting that, being virtually twins, the VG-99 got a system update to 1.04, but the VB-99 didn't. I'm curious. Does anyone know why?

...probably because Roland had forgotten that they ever made it....if any other such obvious examples are an indication....   ::)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

fokof

Quote from: kenact on February 26, 2021, 12:23:16 PM
I clicked that link on Wednesday, and there was another one, so I bought it to use with my Godin A4. :)

Yeah !
Maybe someone else is gonna post some patches here ?

;D

kenact

Something else that puzzles me. Why is there a bass mode in all of my GR devices, but there are separate VG & VB devices.

The GR-55 is basically half a VG-99 with a single COSM engine, yet it has a bass mode. So why do I need a VB-99 to play my bass?

Rant over, soap box stored away. :)
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

admin

Quote from: kenact on February 27, 2021, 11:06:43 AM
Something else that puzzles me. Why is there a bass mode in all of my GR devices, but there are separate VG & VB devices.

The GR-55 is basically half a VG-99 with a single COSM engine, yet it has a bass mode. So why do I need a VB-99 to play my bass?

Rant over, soap box stored away. :)

Bass optimized Analog Input Brickwall bandpass hardware filters  per string in
GR-77B, V-BASS, VB-99

Programmable DSP Brickwall Bass Mode input filters in GR-20, GR-55, SY-1000.

Was surprised no Bass mode in GP-10

fokof

Quote from: kenact on February 27, 2021, 11:06:43 AM

VB99 has been designed around bass player in mind , FX and parameters are Bass oriented only.
SY1000 and other are only compromised made toward bass , just check the compressors.....
Understandable since they probably sold 1000 VG vs 1 VB , guitar is a Wayyyyyyyy bigger market but still ....... they do V-Accordion , don't they ?

fokof

Quote from: admin on February 27, 2021, 12:09:48 PM
Bass optimized Analog Input Brickwall bandpass hardware filters  per string in
GR-77B, V-BASS, VB-99

There is no Hardware input filter in the VB99.

(I bought one from RMC)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3063.0

gumbo

"they do V-Accordion , don't they ?"

...but that was just to get back at the World, because they weren't game enough to do V-Banjo ...... ;D ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...