GT-100 - Connect to Crate Power Block and stereo speaker cab

Started by OldPunk, February 24, 2017, 07:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldPunk

Hello!
I recently built a cabinet that has 2 Jensen Mod 12" spkrs, wired in stereo. I have a Crate Power block amp that is stereo--75w a side. It has regular guitar input, but also stereo line ins.

I want to utilize the stereo line ins, coming out of the Boss l and R outputs
I want to use the GT 100 pre-amps and bypass the Crate's internal, and my question is--

Boss Output select---Line out/phones, or combo return?   I know ultimately, it will be whatever tone I think is best, but what might be the standard line of thinking to get that best sound??

I will be using any stereo options I can as far as FX goes--stereo chorus, stereo pitchshift, delays, etc...just to tickle the ear a bit and get some 3D sounds moving.
Thank you for your input :)

Elantric

To obtain clean stereo with Crate Pwer Block you must feed the rear "CD Input"  ( RCA Phono jack)

Use a pair of 1/4" Phone to RCA Phono plug cables between GT-100 Main Output and the Crate Power Block

Id start with GT-100 Output Mode set to "Combo Amp " ( if cab is open back)
or "Stack Amp"  if cab is closed back

If it sounds too harsh, then use "Line / Phones" Output mode on GT-100

Use the Output Level Knob on GT-100 to set the volume.

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-100_e03_W.pdf

OldPunk

Ahhh, don't ya know I bought a 20' stereo cable to go into the line ins...only to read your post , then look at the block diagram to see there are speaker sims after the line ins. Thank you for hipping me too use the cd ins. Still working out the system output choices. Tho' I tried the line out and that wasn't really so great.

Thank you for your help!!