SY-300- Notes Sound Thinner on Thinner Strings

Started by funkyguitar, February 08, 2017, 07:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkyguitar

I've been working on a song using the SY - 300.  When I play notes on the higher/thinner strings, the tone gets quieter, thinner, and not as resonant, compared to lower notes on the thicker strings.  I attached an .mp3 of the song, measure 14 has the high note I'm talking about.  Is this just an inherent limitation of the device?

Elantric

Yes, happens here too

Some call that a SY-300 "feature"   

Solution?
You will get more even response if you have polished frets and action not too low ,and strings not too light gauge as well.

Brak(E)man

Have you tried the compressor on the input settings ?
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

mooncaine

Yeah, higher action gives strings more room to swing.

funkyguitar

Brak(E)man, I will try messing with the compressor.  Thanks for the tip.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: funkyguitar on February 08, 2017, 07:24:58 PM
I've been working on a song using the SY - 300.  When I play notes on the higher/thinner strings, the tone gets quieter, thinner, and not as resonant, compared to lower notes on the thicker strings.  I attached an .mp3 of the song, measure 14 has the high note I'm talking about.  Is this just an inherent limitation of the device?

I know it's a older post and not sure if you still use the sy-300 but I'll leave this here for you or someone else that's reading it.

Adjusting your pole pieces on your guitar [especially humbuckers with adjustable pole pieces] can even and balance out the signal.