Harmonizer plug-in (vocal) recommendations

Started by frummox, February 07, 2017, 11:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frummox

Not exactly guitar software but I thought there might be an opinion or two out there. Years ago I fooled around a bit with the Antares Harmony Engine EVO vocal harmonizer plug-in (ProTools is my DAW). At the time I thought it was just so, so. Don't know if they improved it any. I haven't heard a vocal harmonizer yet that doesn't sound vaguely robotic if you're going for a more organic sounding harmonies. A more recent entry is the iZotope VocalSYNTH which has an adjustment called polyvox for more natural sounding harmonies. The Izotope and the Antares are pretty much it (at least if you're NOT going for the T-Pain effect). Any thoughts about either of these plugs-ins or any other?

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Magiamusical

Melodine for me its the best, after you get to know how it works and its power, you can create very realistic harmonies for vocal and instruments (I just finished a harmony for a lead guitar). There are a lot of tutorials in YouTube and on the Melodine website, a real must to see them to be able to use it effectively.
Godin LGXT, Les Paul Studio w/GK3, JTV89F w/GK3, GR-55

acousticglue

Eventide Quadrovox or Octovox or the free Pitchproof

starrats

acousticglue

or you can use an SY300 in to pitchshift guitar and then mangle it with other plugins