LinnStrument 128

Started by sec6, February 05, 2017, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sec6

In an attempt to get over my frustration with the current direction of Roland Corp., I decided to try a non-guitar controller, the LinnStrument 128.  While innovative and a quality made product designed by Roger Linn, I just could not adapt to it.  For me, the guitar as a midi controller remains king.  I almost sold off my favorite hex guitar and a VG-99 to finance it.  So glad I am keeping them instead.  They really got things right with the VG-99 (which you can't tell if you were to just demo the preset patches) and the GP-10 is a respectable product as well.  There is something about the guitar that no other instrument can replace.  So I am now over my disappointment with Roland and will just take on an attitude of gratitude for the gems they have already given us.  On a side note, does anyone know how we might get a protective cover made for the VG-99, like Decksaver does for the vintage TR-808 and TR-909?  I emailed Decksaver to see if they were willing to manufacture one for the VG-99 but never heard back.

http://www.decksaver.com/covers/groovebox-covers/tr-808-cover

GuitarBuilder

How do you mount the VG-99?  On a pedal board, stand, or other method?
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973