Korg iWavestation (IOS)

Started by Elantric, November 30, 2016, 08:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

korg-iwavestation-ipadKorg has introduced iWavestation – software version of its classic Wavestation synthesizer.

The Wavestation synthesizer was introduced in 1990, with a new "advanced vector synthesis system", which combined and shifted between multiple complex waveforms. The user could operate a joystick to "mix" or "morph" between four oscillators, each with a waveshape selected from a large collection of waveforms.

With iWavestation, Korg says that it has 'evolved the operability' of the Wavestation from the Korg Legacy Collection. The original editing structure has been preserved, while giving you a redesigned graphical user interface that takes advantage of the intuitive operation possible with iPad.

Features:

An evolved Wavestation sound
New graphical WAVE SEQUENCE operation
1,500 sounds, including the option PCM/Program cards
Interoperable with the Original Wavestation
Pricing and Availability

Korg iWavestation is available now, with an introductory price of US $19.99 (50% off).

jwhitcomb3

Yes! Korg's IOS offering continue to impress (I'm loving the Arp iOdyssey), and integration with Korg Gadget makes it incredibly easy to make music with these tools. Here's last week's Gadget composition featuring the iOdyssey:

https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-b-whitcomb/infinite-fold

I spent several weeks in the early 90's writing MOTU Unisyn editors for the Wavestation A/D and Wavestation SR. Never imagined I could have a Wavestation on my phone! Can't wait to finish my work day and play with this!