V Guitar Forums Shirts

Started by ( . )( . ), September 09, 2016, 09:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

( . )( . )

Okay - I have the "V" sorted. Anyone have a guess as to the fonts used in the real logo? I just picked the following and added a 3d effect and shading. If you click on the links below the pics, they won't look as blurry. If anyone wants to play with it from here, I'm attaching the high res Illustrator file (vector based). The V is a smart path and everything is totally scalable. I have to attach it as a .zip since it won't let me upload .ai files.

kenact

How does this one look?

I can resize it, if it works for everyone.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

( . )( . )

^ What format did you make that with? If you started with the jpeg from the website, it probably won't look very good printed.

kenact

I did, but I enlarged it, smoothed it and sharpened it.

The tag line should probably be a different font from what I used. The original looks like a bold serif, but not italics.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

( . )( . )

The blue background will appear like a rectangular patch behind the image (unless that's what people want), and it will probably look pretty pixelated, scaling from a jpeg. I but a black blackground in to simulate the shirt, but it's actually transparent. Also, it should be in CMYK as opposed to RGB for best printing.

All that said (and I'm sorry if I sound like a dick), I'm sure nowadays the online companies have to deal with people sending low res/improperly formatted pics all the time, and have measures to deal with it to some degree, so it might work okay.

kenact

I'm using Gimp, and it doesn't have a CMYK output format, but here's the image at 100%, which should be about the right size for a tee shirt.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

kenact

Trying to keep the original logo, but change it to a transparent background, is a bit of work. :)
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

( . )( . )

I've got it transparent. If you have Illustrator, feel free to download the .zip file in my above post and see if you can tweak it to look like the original. It's really hard to match fonts when you don't know what they are. Or, if you want, I'm attaching an EPS vector based image of just the "V" which it totally editable.

kenact

I'm not really a graphic designer. I haven't had a program that can do vector graphics in several years. What I'm using is
GNU IMAGE MANIPULATION PROGRAM or Gimp. It does more than most picture editors, and a boatload more than MS Paint, but it's not for professional graphic designers.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

( . )( . )

On your last image (at 100% zoom), if you look at the tagline you added vs the original text in the logo, you'll notice what you added is much clearer that what you smoothed and scaled up. The blurriness of the upscale will print like that. It might work okay, but there's really know way to know without trying it on a shirt. 

kenact

Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

kenact

Tomorrow. It's 2:42 AM in Brooklyn. I'm going to bed. :)
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

shawnb

Folks -
A reminder...  I have a pro working on a new logo...   Will take a bit more time.
Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

kenact

Quote from: shawnb on October 01, 2016, 07:12:57 AM
Folks -
A reminder...  I have a pro working on a new logo...   Will take a bit more time.
Shawn

Just trying to be helpful. :)
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

shawnb

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb

whippinpost91850

I'm likin where this is going

DreamTheory

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on September 29, 2016, 07:23:15 AM
They need to be good quality T-shirts

yeah, Gildan or better.

Black please
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

Smash

Only thing I would change is the orange colour - it's the thing that strongly suggests if not exclusive then pretty much predominently Roland to me and there's so much more here than just Roland/Boss!

kenact

I don't know if this will help anyone, but the original V-Guitar (Roland) logo is available to download as an EPS file.

https://logovectors.net/search/V-Guitar/
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

admin

QuoteI don't know if this will help anyone, but the original V-Guitar (Roland) logo is available to download as an EPS file.

https://logovectors.net/search/V-Guitar/

The above image and vector logo of v-guitar logo vector you are about to download is the intellectual property of the copyright and/or trademark holder and is offered to you as a convenience for lawful use with proper permission only from the copyright and/or trademark holder. You hereby agree that you agree to the Terms of Use in compliance with the DMCA act of 1998.

Read more at: https://logovectors.net/v-guitar-4/

DreamTheory

there are some guitarists many of us would admire on the T shirts at

djtees.com

cool designs
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

imerkat

I'm in! I'm sure a "show your V-guitar T-shirt" thread  coming soon there after :)

kenact

Quote from: imerkat on October 03, 2016, 11:06:02 AM
I'm in! I'm sure a "show your V-guitar T-shirt" thread  coming soon there after :)

OMG, I'll need at least 8 of those. :)
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

Smash

Quote from: admsustainiac on October 03, 2016, 09:56:51 AM
The above image and vector logo of v-guitar logo vector you are about to download is the intellectual property of the copyright and/or trademark holder and is offered to you as a convenience for lawful use with proper permission only from the copyright and/or trademark holder. You hereby agree that you agree to the Terms of Use in compliance with the DMCA act of 1998.

Read more at: https://logovectors.net/v-guitar-4/

Did the forum get permission to use it then?  ::)