GT-100- output level problem

Started by mnlalv, July 12, 2016, 08:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnlalv

Hey Everyone,

I've been using the gt-100 for almost a year now and recently the output level just randomly increases and decreases. This happens in all output options (currently using line/phones) and when I use the gt-100 as an interface. Already tried factory reset and it keeps happening. Could this be a voltage problem or the unit is just failing?

Any kind of help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Elantric

This may occur if the Output Level Pot suffers a side impact. It flexes the solder connections of the Output Potentiometer to the internal PCB

Often the cure is having a qualified technician reflow the solder where the Output Volume Pot is soldered to the internal PCB.

Also a sparingly applied Caig De-Oxit on the input jack and FX Loop Send & Return Jacks may solve erratic volume jump behavior

mnlalv

thanks for replying!
I'll post results when i try it.

Anshul999

Hey guys, I believe i am having the same problem. My output volume is fluctuating randomly and I dont know whats causing it exactly, but it seems to be the pedal itself. I live in India so qualified guitar technicians and all are hard to come by. Is there anything I can do? Or its necessary to take it for servicing?
Also, the de oxit recommendation isn't possible for me either since its not available here.

admin

Quote from: Anshul999 on July 23, 2020, 09:32:56 PM
Hey guys, I believe i am having the same problem. My output volume is fluctuating randomly and I dont know whats causing it exactly, but it seems to be the pedal itself. I live in India so qualified guitar technicians and all are hard to come by. Is there anything I can do? Or its necessary to take it for servicing?
Also, the de oxit recommendation isn't possible for me either since its not available here.

in EU There is a German product which is comparable to Caig De-Oxit: ( more widely available in Europe)

"KONTAKT CHEMIE Kontakt 60"

or
in India

Servisol Super 10
https://www.desertcart.in/products/50190727-servisol-super-10

mridul

I am facing the same issue in boss Gt-1 ? Any fix ?

admin

Replace batteries

Perform factory reset

Clean all jacks

gumtown

Usually the main patch level potentiometer is worn, which quite often happens if you store the unit in a case which applies constant pressue on the knob.
Does the problem change with the knob in a different position.
It will require repair, for a GT-1 could be costing more than a replacement GT-1.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

Quote from: gumtown on February 07, 2021, 01:05:59 PM
Usually the main patch level potentiometer is worn, which quite often happens if you store the unit in a case which applies constant pressue on the knob.
Does the problem change with the knob in a different position.
It will require repair, for a GT-1 could be costing more than a replacement GT-1.

GT-1 employs three encoders - no pots

gumtown

Quote from: admin on February 07, 2021, 01:31:25 PM
GT-1 employs three encoders - no pots

Try assigning the Output Level encoder to some other function that won't affect the tone or level, and see how that goes.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

pauloshure

Reset it and test it again, if it doesn't work try the gt-10 self-test..with it turned off volume to minimum and volume pedal to minimum, hold down the right arrow and the write button, this will enter the Test mode for it, choose test volume button..if all are without defect it will appear ok..any result outside of that is defect.