mike and the mechanics silent running

Started by rob147, June 21, 2015, 04:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob147

Does anyone have any patches for the song silent running by Mike and the mechanics?

Jim Williams

I have selected as few parts to use for this song. 701 STACC Heaven is a bell pad that will cover the melody and the pad sound. you may also want to add a whistle to the expression pedal for the melody section I hear that in there too. The bass is just a bass synth sounds like 305 80s bass. when they play live there is an acoustic guitar and Mike's guitar are more of a low gain with lots of sustain/feedback and a generous amount of delay and whammy bar. You wont get it all in one patch but if you pick the parts and know them this song should be easy. try not to concentrate on the tones and put more effort in playing it right. I performed it at a campfire with another guy and it sounded great with acoustic guitars an some decent vocals.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

rob147

thanks man I appreciate the reply and advice, how can I assign the whistle to the expression pedal? I have had the gr-55 for a while but am just now learning how to unlock its potential. I wish there were a way to add more sounds. I'm thinking about getting a integra 7 to expand the library.