PRIMOVA - GK-13 - Codesmart's Excellent GK 13 pin Cables

Started by 2pods, December 31, 2014, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeSmart

I'm producing a limited number of gold plated 13-pin cables in varying lengths.
So far I've been shipping out 420 units of these great cables since 2013 (mostly bundled with my boxes).

Since I'm out travelling most of December and January we'll probably looking at February for delivery.

Regarding the 3m/5m longer cables I'm just producing a few, and If you wish to get in line for a cable
please send an e-mail to sound@primova.se and I'll put you on the waiting list and contact you in due order as soon I can ship.

Here's the preliminary V-Guitar forums pricing without shipping cost (and without VAT 25% if inside EU).
0.5m/1.6ft  Straight-Straight   $10USD
1m/3.3ft     Straight-Straight   $12USD
3m/10ft      Straight-Straight   $19USD
3m/10ft      Straight-Angled     $19USD
5m/17ft      Straight-Straight   $26USD
5m/17ft      Straight-Angled     $26USD

Shipping cost varies with weight and number of cables, normally I ship as cheap as possible in a padded envelope (I'd guess postage is about 5-10 bucks for a cable).
Regarding the angled connector it's all new to me, but I made a few cables because I've been receiving requests for it.

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

drbill

I'm thinking of putting my ATG-1 & GP-10 on a big pedalboard. I'd want a 0.5m cable with angled connectors on both ends, I think. Is that a problem?
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

vtgearhead

What are the choices for alignment of the right-angle connector vs. cable exit?  Does it lock at 90-degree intervals?

CodeSmart

Quote from: drbill on October 29, 2016, 01:00:17 PM
I'm thinking of putting my ATG-1 & GP-10 on a big pedalboard. I'd want a 0.5m cable with angled connectors on both ends, I think. Is that a problem?
It's definitively a problem because I did not order that configuration.

CodeSmart

Quote from: snhirsch on October 29, 2016, 03:38:06 PM
What are the choices for alignment of the right-angle connector vs. cable exit?  Does it lock at 90-degree intervals?
I don't know how tricky it is to change the angle since I haven't seen them yet. I assume it's not like 1-2-3-Done.
I think I ordered them cable-going-right if locking is down, as seen from Guitarist.

vtgearhead

Quote from: CodeSmart on October 30, 2016, 12:56:35 AM
I don't know how tricky it is to change the angle since I haven't seen them yet. I assume it's not like 1-2-3-Done.
I think I ordered them cable-going-right if locking is down, as seen from Guitarist.

I'm not sure if I'm parsing that correctly.  Let me rephrase my question:  If I plug the right-angle end into a GP-10, does the cable dress left or right as I look down from playing position?

CodeSmart

Quote from: snhirsch on October 30, 2016, 07:01:03 AM
I'm not sure if I'm parsing that correctly.  Let me rephrase my question:  If I plug the right-angle end into a GP-10, does the cable dress left or right as I look down from playing position?

Then I'd say I pray it's going to the right side looking at the GP-10 from above (reading the display properly with volume pedal at the right side).
Because that was the intended direction...

CodeSmart

Just received some cables, both straight-straight and straight-angled.
FAQ
Q: Can the angle be changed (rotated)?                       A: I don't think so.
Q: Do you have 0.5 or 1 meter with angled connector?  A: No
Q: How do they feel?                                                  A: Great!

V-Guitar forums pricing without shipping cost (and without VAT 25% if inside EU):
0.5m/1.6ft  Straight-Straight   $10USD
1m/3.3ft     Straight-Straight   $12USD
3m/10ft      Straight-Angled   $19USD
5m/17ft      Straight-Straight   $26USD
5m/17ft      Straight-Angled   $26USD
Shipping cost varies with weight and number of cables, I post as cheap as possible in a padded envelope, no tracking.

E-mail sound@primova.se if you like to order. I don't have so many...You'd better hurry up.

Here's some pics of the angled end:

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

QuoteDoes the Angled connector fit into a GK-3?

Typically no -

due to the GK-3 female GK 13 pin jack being recessed

FWIW - same hurdle as the Gittler right angle GK 13 pin cable  - that will not fit a GK-3 either.

gumbo

Quote from: Elantric on November 14, 2016, 10:19:12 AM
Typically no -

due to the GK-3 female GK 13 pin jack being recessed

FWIW - same hurdle as the Gittler right angle GK 13 pin cable  - that will not fit a GK-3 either.

UNLESS, you put the right-angled end into something else and use the straight end into your guitar...   ;)
...granted, you lose-out with neater wiring at the guitar end-of-things, but at least you get to use a decent quality cable...  8)

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Headless68

Been using my new 5mtr cable (straight/right angle) this week
Great cable - clean audio - no scratches or pops from movement - right angle is a real winner - it lighter than roland cable & feels well made

Happy customer (again)

Thanks Robert

CodeSmart

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah I also own a couple of noisy expensive Roland cables (now replaced).
Agree, they are lighter and also a little bit stiffer.
The contacts work great. Pretty rock solid if I may say so.

gumbo

..another happy customer with a 5-metre angled cable !

Thank you, Robert   ;D

CodeSmart

Looks like I have to produce more cables soon.
Especially the 3 meter straight-angle version has been very popular.
Not much feedback here, but I guess the cables are behaving...

Of course I want feedback even if it's good or bad. That's the only way to influence things.

Q: Is there a need also for Angled-Angled version?

Current prices:
3 meter = 19 USD (+postage)
5 meter = 26 USD (+postage)

sixeight

Quote from: CodeSmart on January 27, 2017, 09:10:39 AM
Of course I want feedback even if it's good or bad. That's the only way to influence things.

I have five of your cables: 0.5 m, 1 m (x2), 2m and 3m. All of them have worked every time. I have had no problem whatsoever with them. Great product. Highly recommended!

HecticArt

CodeSmart,

I keep meaning to order from you.

I'll certainly buy 2 of the 5 meter cables from the next batch you make.
The reviews have been great.

vtgearhead

My 3m Angle-Straight cable works great.  But, it would be good if your supplier can find rubber jacketed cable to work with.  I'd gladly pay a bit more to have a cable that lies flat without kinking. 

My only "problem" with the cable is of my own making.  My GP-10 is mounted on a rack shelf and clearance is tight around the 13-pin connector.  It's very difficult to get a grip on the sliding part of the strain relief to get it out once plugged in.  I'll probably end up snipping off the detent tab.

CodeSmart

Quote from: snhirsch on January 27, 2017, 10:08:36 AM
My 3m Angle-Straight cable works great.  But, it would be good if your supplier can find rubber jacketed cable to work with.  I'd gladly pay a bit more to have a cable that lies flat without kinking. 
My only "problem" with the cable is of my own making.  My GP-10 is mounted on a rack shelf and clearance is tight around the 13-pin connector.  It's very difficult to get a grip on the sliding part of the strain relief to get it out once plugged in.  I'll probably end up snipping off the detent tab.

Thanks Steve, that is useful information. I also find it a but stiffer than Roland cable. But on the other hand these are silent. All my three 5 meter Roland cables crackles. 
I take your input into consideration.

gumbo

Quote from: CodeSmart on January 27, 2017, 10:22:40 AM
Thanks Steve, that is useful information. I also find it a but stiffer than Roland cable. But on the other hand these are silent. All my three 5 meter Roland cables crackles. 
I take your input into consideration.

...obviously spent too much time in NZ..
...sigh    ::)

CodeSmart

I'm virtually out of cables so I have ordered 80 pcs new ones, 0.5m, 1.0m, 3.0m and 5.0m both straight-straight and straight-angled (big success in the angled ones, I use it myself very convenient ).

But today I got a request for a 10 meter :o
Is this something anyone else really wants?

CodeSmart

If someone is interested, I just got a new batch of GK cables both straight-straight and straight-angled (0.5 , 1 , 3 and 5m)

Pricing without shipping (and without VAT 25% if inside EU):
0.5m/1.6ft  Straight-Straight   $11USD
1m/3.3ft     Straight-Straight   $13USD
3m/10ft      Straight-Angled   $19USD
5m/17ft      Straight-Straight   $27USD
5m/17ft      Straight-Angled   $27USD
Shipping cost varies with weight and number of cables, I post as cheap as possible in a padded envelope, no tracking.

For quote E-mail sound@primova.se

FAQ
Q: Can the angle be changed (rotated)?                       A: No
Q: Do you have 0.5 or 1 meter with angled connector?  A: No

Here's some pics of the angled end:

gumtown

I can say from my own experience, that these are very good cables.
My Roland ones used to give me grief, with noise from movement and erratic pin connections.

Codesmart's cables now give me a reliable GK system without the worry of string drop-outs like I had before (at the worst possible moment).

If you are lucky, Codesmart may even deliver it personally..   ;D
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

HecticArt

I'm in! (Finally.)
Message sent.

Thanks for doing this project!

\m/,

ffata

I purchased two 5 meter straight - straight cables.
No noise, solid connection.
Highly recommended!

Thanks Robert for providing this service!
Fred

Quote from: snhirsch on January 27, 2017, 10:08:36 AM
if your supplier can find rubber jacketed cable to work with.  I'd gladly pay a bit more to have a cable that lies flat without kinking. 

p.s. If you do consider rubber jacketed cable for the future, please add me to the list