GR-55 - My Muse Madness Patches

Started by billskinzfifth, November 01, 2014, 05:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billskinzfifth

Here are a few patches that I use for the song Madness by Muse in case anyone wants to try them out.

I based the synth patch on the one uploaded by Jim Williams. [https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8236.0]I changed it up a bit by removing the expression pedal from affecting the cutoff and added some TVF effect instead. I also added a second synth to the 4th string so that the filter effect was different between the two strings. All of the patches are tuned to Drop D but only the 4th and 6th string are active in the synth patch since you can play the entire synth line with those two strings.
The second patch would be the clean guitar that comes in @ about 1:25 in the song. This was the one I put the least effort into so you might just want to use your own patch in place of this one.
Lastly is the solo patch.

Let me know what you think.  ;D

thx

jEFf

****Added Sound Samples

papabuss

Must really admit that I've just  listened to the song for the first time but your mp3s come very close to the original.
THX for posting, Jeff. :)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

billskinzfifth

Quote from: papabuss on November 02, 2014, 06:20:18 AM
Must really admit that I've just  listened to the song for the first time but your mp3s come very close to the original.
THX for posting, Jeff. :)

Cool, thanks. I just heard that song for the 1st time a few weeks ago and I have been obsessed with figuring out how I could play it without having to purchase a Kitara. If you haven't seen one, check it out in their live performance
I tried to get those sounds for a while with my NI Guitar Rig setup but couldn't get the synth part right. Then I remembered I have a GR-55... Oh yea, duh... ::) Thanks to a quick search, I found the post that Jim Williams did, so I downloaded his preset and modified it a bit. I'm pretty happy with the synth part now. I think Guitar Rig did a better job on the other two patches so I'll just string them together for live play.