Speaker Setups?

Started by Threeleggedyoyo, June 18, 2013, 05:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threeleggedyoyo

Hey guys.

I've been doing my 1-man looping through a small 4-track PA mixer, and then through two big mono speakers. I also have a big bass amp that can get the looper signal, but I find I am using it less and less.

It's a bit of a pain to move the big speakers for gigs. I might get something smaller. But looking around I saw the Behringer KX 1200. A 4-track amp designed for general use by someone like me. All seems very convenient.

Anyway I wondered if any of you guys have experience with such a unit, or what you're using for your PA, etc.

These are my 4 channels, btw:

1) External drum machine
2) Movie quote samples from a JamMan.
3) Signal from RC-300 Looper
4) Signal from main Mic.

MoeSnodgrass

Think "compact sub-woofer." That RC-300 SUB OUT is a gift from heaven that no one is using. With a Sub, it probably makes the "mids and highs" choice far easier.

GovernorSilver

I use an Electro-Voice ZXA-1 powered speaker.

Disadvantage: You need to get a mixer because the ZXA-1 expects a +4dB signal and doesn't have mixer inputs that keyboard amps have.

Advantage: 800W in a small 20lb package you can carry in one arm.  Frequency response is surprisingly good for its size, even into the bass range - my bandmates complained that one of my synth sounds going through it had "too much bass".