Fender TriplePlay

Started by Spider, January 14, 2014, 03:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider

Elantric

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/fender-fishman-tripleplay-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-black/

MORE ABOUT FENDER FISHMAN® TRIPLEPLAY STRATOCASTER® HSS
The Stratocaster of the future is here. Fender's Fishman® TriplePlay Stratocaster® HSS guitar uses state-of-the-art built-in digital technology to give you a thrilling new playing experience in which you can emulate other instruments with ease and create a world of all-new sounds. It's a phenomenal leap forward in the evolution of the world's greatest electric guitar.

With its potent tonal combination of Vintage Noiseless™ single-coil Stratocaster neck and middle pickups and a powerful Seymour Duncan® Pearly Gates™ humbucking bridge pickup, it's a fine instrument in the conventional manner. But two other ultra-modern performance features launch this re-imagined Stratocaster into a brilliantly exciting future.

Engage the built-in Fishman® TriplePlay system, which wirelessly transmits MIDI data to your computer to create virtually unlimited sounds with a wealth of performance, composing and recording features. The Fishman hex pickup, TriplePlay D-pad controller and MIDI volume control are all built into the front of the guitar, with the TriplePlay wireless controller built into the back. The wireless controller transmits the signal from the hex pickup to the included USB transceiver, which plugs into your computer (a handy clip on the back of the headstock holds the transceiver when not in use). For charging the unit, a power supply and micro-USB cable that connects to the TriplePlay wireless controller are included.

Also, the mini-USB output on the side of the lower bout digitally transmits the audio signals from the three Stratocaster pickups to your computer using the included USB cable. The adjacent 1/8" output jack lets you monitor the proceedings with headphones and has its own volume control on the front of the guitar.

[Elantric Note: While I admire the tech, its probably only 16 bit audio over USB here - but might interface with a iPad if its USB Class Compliant - will find out more at 2014 Winter NAMM   ]

Once the signal reaches your computer—from the TriplePlay system or from the mini-USB output—all the software you need to record, edit and play back your sounds comes in an included USB flash drive that contains Fishman® TriplePlay, IK Multimedia SampleTank 2.5 and AmpliTube Custom Shop, and Native Instruments Komplete Elements (additional software such as Notion Progression and PreSonus Studio One® Artist available for free download with product registration).

The guitar also features a maple neck with "modern C" profile and satin finish, rosewood fingerboard with a 9.5" radius and 22 medium jumbo frets, standard master volume control and ¼" output jack, standard five-way pickup switching, three-ply parchment pickguard, and vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge with six saddles. Available in Black and Three-color Sunburst gloss finishes. Deluxe gig bag included.

Elantric

Bummer they use a Mexican Strat 6 screw bridge (I prefer the USA 2 point pivot Strat Bridge) - So like Roland GC-1, yet another candidate for a SuperVee Bladerunner and locking tuner upgrade. Also the location of the D pad might get in the way for some players. (Although no worse than the Strat Vol Knob placement  - Its right in the way for me and always turns down mid solo  - so I typically remove the stock knob, and use smaller knob instead.   

thebrushwithin

Really tempting, and I like the audio usb out. I wonder if that will work with a cck, to run into Bias on an iPad.

Elantric

QuoteI wonder if that will work with a cck, to run into Bias on an iPad.

I'm 90% sure it would - but only 16 bit audio. I will find out more in 12 days at 2014 Winter NAMM

Rather like having one of these built in

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCG102.aspx

DF400

I'm not sold on the integrated FTP. Instead, I just ordered this gem:

Blonde Telecaster Baja

Synth Nicolas

Really don't like the look of that black humbucker. Also don't like HSS guitars. And also don't like black and sunburst. Love Strats though but have to pass on this one. Wish they would bring this out in different finishes and with SSS then I would be in the market. I think soon we will have more choice when it comes to TriplePlay guitars. Hopefully.
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

Orren Merton

All these guitars with integrated MIDI never mean too much to me, as these companies never make them lefty...

Orren

whippinpost91850

Quote from: Orren Merton on January 26, 2014, 11:08:32 PM
All these guitars with integrated MIDI never mean too much to me, as these companies never make them lefty...

Orren
Boy, Isn't that an understatement. Paul

HAMERMAN409

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on January 27, 2014, 12:05:38 PM
Boy, Isn't that an understatement. Paul
+100
We don't get many of the new toys unless we make them ourselves!

mbenigni

This definitely has my attention.  I can't seem to get enough of these feature-rich strats.  :)  If they had figured out a way to get the USB audio wireless on the same dongle as the FTP out, with acceptable latency, that would have been a home run.  A GK-compatible 13-pin out would have been great, too, making this a high-tech all-rounder.

Synth Nicolas

Did anyone try it out by now?
-how is the guitar sounding as a normal guitar?
-how is the humbucker sounding?
-Is the tremolo staying in tune?
-Does the D pad interfere with your playing?
-how is the tracking compared to the normal (separate) FTP?

That demo is really crap btw!
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

Elantric

thebrushwithin

As usual, I always wish for more. If anyone owns one, I am wondering if the body routing allows for a different placement for the D pad. My reason is to move it a bit (customize a pickguard), to make room for adding a GuitarWing. Any educated guesses?

GuitarBuilder

I went back and forth, ended up with the Godin Session Custom TriplePlay instead.  It's at least as good if not better guitar.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

thebrushwithin

Thanks! I own several Godins, and love them all, but would love a Strat. Any problems with the Godin?

GuitarBuilder

None whatsoever.  Perfect so far.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973