Fishman Triple Play software error?

Started by fr0sty, April 14, 2013, 10:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fr0sty

Hi folks, I am new here.  Just got my ftp from sweetwater in the mail yesterday.  Things are going fairly well. The ftp work great as a midi controller in my daw, but I can't get the ftp software to run. I keep getting a message "Triple play configuration error. Factory patch settings are missing."  I see the patches are installed to C:\ProgramData\TriplePlayFactory while the ftp app is in C:\Program Files\TriplePlay\

Just on the off chance any beta users have seen this before, thought I would ask here.

Oh, here is a demo I did today using the ftp.  All sounds were triggered using the Fishman Triple Play midi pickup. Keys samples were XLN Addictive Keys. Upright bass and violin were both Sampletank 2.x that came with the FTP.  https://soundcloud.com/project-dome/f

polaris20

Did you install Sampletank and Komplete Elements as well? I know an early version of the FTP software wanted this to be installed in order for the configuration to work. I installed just Sampletank, and the FTP software runs fine.

fr0sty

Initially, no.  I uninstalled ftp, then installed the other software and finished up with the ftp software.  My main pc is a xp machine. I installed the software on my laptop (windows 7) and it was fine.  Hope that's not it.  I see the software requirements state win 7 or 8. No xp.

bubbanym

I am in the same boat - got mine from Sweet Water too (:)) and am experiencing the same thing.  Should be an easy fix if we scream loud enough.  Don't want to have to shell out lots of dough for an upgraded PC and operating system to just use their interface.  Would rather send it back, although the tracking is phenomenal... I can manage the splits and stuff within the DAW, but it is much simpler to do it through the Fishman software...

fr0sty

I send a support request to fishman last night.  So far I haven't gotten a reply.

3rdofakind

Quote from: fr0sty on April 14, 2013, 06:29:57 PMI see the software requirements state win 7 or 8. No xp.

At this time the TriplePlay standalone/plug-ins will only work in Windows 7 or above.

bubbanym

Hey guys, just spoke with Fishman customer support.  The executable will not run under XP.  They do not have a patch for XP, and they said they didn't know if in the future it will be made backwards compatible or not. OH well.  TO upgrade OS or not to upgrade?  May just send it back....

thebrushwithin

Also, perhaps consider expanding into Mac, instead of upgrading Windows. My main recording system is XP, which is the most stable windows OS, in my experience. However, last year I ventured into the world of Macs, for my soft synths, and although it took getting used to, I love it! I now use the Mac as a sound source, and record with the PC. Works well for me.

Elantric

QuoteHey guys, just spoke with Fishman customer support.  The executable will not run under XP.

Thanks for sharing the news. Given the choice, I'm glad it works on Windows 7 and 8, Win XP's Ram cap at 3.5GB makes it less than ideal for soft synths and large sound libraries. IMHO.
DRAM is dirt cheap today, but WinXP cant use it.

Thats why i switched to Win7 and OSX a few years ago.  I run 32GB DRAM on I7 8 core CPU's and the system barely bogs down
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6104.0

shawnb

Quote from: bubbanym on April 16, 2013, 07:30:06 AMThe executable will not run under XP.  They do not have a patch for XP, and they said they didn't know if in the future it will be made backwards compatible or not. OH well.  TO upgrade OS or not to upgrade?  May just send it back....

I'd vote upgrade.  It's time.  Yes, XP felt great at the time, and was worthy of praise due to a lot of practical things you could do quite well.  But it's time. 

Take the excuse, go Win7 64-bit.   You will not regret it. 

There is not a lot of push yet for Win8.  I'm nervous about the big change in architecture in Win8 this early in its lifespan, so the DAW I just built for myself was Win7 based. 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

mbenigni

I was a huge fan of XP, and slow to abandon it, but I'm running Win7 and Win8 (both 64 bit) on my computers at home now, and the experience has been positive overall.  MS made a huge mistake releasing Vista in the state it was in - and with so little support from 3rd party hardware vendors - which left a lot of XP users stuck like deer in headlights.  But driver support for Win7 (and now Win8) is solid.  I'm even pulling some devices out of mothballs and finding they work better now under Win8 than they ever did before. 

I'm still pretty new to Win 8 and haven't done any serious work with it yet, but in brief testing it seems basically equivalent to Win7, excepting the quirky new UI.  Theoretically, the kernel (and therefore the audio engine) are more efficient than that of Win7, but I can't vouch for that myself.

fr0sty

I ordered win7 (64 bit) along with another 4 gb and a new hd to install it all on.  Should be up an running next week some time.  In the mean time, here is a tracking test I did.  I recorded midi via the ftp and guitar audio via the 1/4" out on my guitar.  I think it tracks very well.  The last half is just the midi playback.  I didn't edit out any notes.

polaris20

Windows XP won't even be supported as of next year, so now's the time to move. It's also swiss cheese in terms of security. There's not a lot of good reasons to still be running it.

bubbanym

Well, using the FTP in XP as a pure trigger (after setup on a Win7 laptop) showed enough promise to warrant a mac mini with 8GB of RAM and a firewire interface to see what it can really do.  We will see - very expensive upgrade - lets hope it is for the best.  I can do everything I ever wanted in XP (usually recording real instruments with some soft synths mixed in). Only getting bit by newer updates that are not XP compatible (Traktion 4 is a good example).  Keeping my fingers crossed that it is worth it...

polaris20

Quote from: bubbanym on April 19, 2013, 06:10:38 PM
Well, using the FTP in XP as a pure trigger (after setup on a Win7 laptop) showed enough promise to warrant a mac mini with 8GB of RAM and a firewire interface to see what it can really do.  We will see - very expensive upgrade - lets hope it is for the best.  I can do everything I ever wanted in XP (usually recording real instruments with some soft synths mixed in). Only getting bit by newer updates that are not XP compatible (Traktion 4 is a good example).  Keeping my fingers crossed that it is worth it...

T4 runs fine in OS X as well.