Separating outputs

Started by gandolf, January 21, 2013, 06:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandolf

Just been been fine tuning my patches....and wanted to separate PCM / modelling / pu .

So basically I want to get my
- normal pu to my bass amp,
-  the PCMs to pa
- and modelling to either one or the other, depending on patch.

My plan was to use the guitar output, and panning the pcm & modelling to Right for the PA...

But there is no "pan" for the modelling or for the normal PU....

I'm a bit stumped on how to achieve my goal here....any ideas?

gumtown

Route the signals through the MOD and MFX (separately) and use the pan in those FX.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gandolf

Thanks....I was just thinking the same thing....

Actually, when I wrote the post, i had just tried editing "on the pedal" and it was not clear how I could do this....was too lazy to boot up the laptop.

But tonight I was just looking through your editor (offline to the unit)....and found this signal route you described!

What am trying to say is, your floorboard editor is just so essential, and a great piece of work...!!

DF400

I've heard this done before, sounds great! Here are some observations made in another related post:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7070.0

[broken link now fixed]

gandolf

Hi DF400,

Any chance you could re-post this link....i can't seem to follow it, to the thread....and i'd really like to read it!

Thanks, so much in advance!

Cheers!

DF400

Looks like Gumtown fixed by screw-up, sorry about that...

gandolf

THanks guys!
That link really has some important info.

But this is all just looking too hard (i mean the whole GR55 product).

i'm tyrin to use it live (as my only effects unit), and there are so many workarounds i've got to contend with, i;m seriously thinking of just putting it all in the too hard basket.

Here is is my dissapointment list:
- no way to outputting PCM seperatly to guitar sounds, without serious comprimising..
- delays/muting between patch changes, thus limiting sounds changes during songs
- looper dissables CTL pedal
- bass mode, offers only 2xguitar COSM's, and no accoustics and no 12-string funciton.
- no fretless bass COSM
- audio player has unusable start delay
- there are delays (not always noticable) with some PCM sounds.

And so far, i've seen very little product support from Roland to address any of this. Neither have i seen any unrelated updates....maybe some new PCM or COSM sounds to add to the library would be something.

THis is such a great product in concept...but the "but"'s are getting me down.

gafaell

Yes, not to mention the lack of a HARMONIZER and an ARPEGGIATOR, which could be assigned as one voice per channel  :'( :'( :'(