VG-99 - Megadeth - Good Mourning

Started by A2theT, October 05, 2009, 07:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A2theT

I made thess patches because Good Mourning/Black Friday is one of my all time favorite deth tunes.
Theres two patches here.  One for the clean and one for the lead.  I tried to recreate these as best I could.  If I could guess, I'd say that the clean sound on the record is a slightly palm muted ovation guitar.  I included a sample mp3.   Sorry about the mix.  Also on the album the acoustic guitar sounds tripled.  I didn't bother doing it here.  Just wanted to show the sound of the patch.

Hope you find these patches interesting.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

DctN

A2theT

Thanks! I plan to work on it some more this weekend and will try and make the lead sound a little better.
One thing I will point out about the patches is that the guitars are tuned -50 cents down from E.  so they're not in Eb.  I had no idea until I tried to play along with the album. Strangest thing I've ever come across.  Not sure how they did this back in 1986 but its exactly right in smack between E and Eb.  Thank Roland for the GK-3 or we couldn't do it on the fly like this.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

s0c9

this is not uncommom...
Many Eagles "album" tracks are that way.. "quite quite in G"..  :)