RC300 - Questions on Panning, Tracks, Microphone....

Started by IanEric.com, May 23, 2014, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanEric.com

Hello all - brand new member here; VERY glad to find this resource!

Quick background:  I am a solo-acoustic performer, and I currently use a JamMan Stereo (with the external 3-button footswitch) for live-loop creation during maybe 10%-15% of my performance.  I have a short list of tunes (cover music mainly) for which I'll do various amounts of looping.  Some simple, some more elaborate.

I just purchased an RC-300 in the hopes that it will expand my capabilities and use of live looping.  I'm not sure it will do everything I'd ever want, but it certainly has more features than the JamMan.

So I have a few questions:

I know from reading the forums that the XLR input cannot be used as a "thru".  That if it's in the mix, it will be recorded and looped.  However there has been some discussion about assigning the 1/4 in/out panned hard right/left or some such, so as to gain a level of independence for each.  What I am asking:  Is there a way to use any combination of input/output routing to achieve a "thru" signal?  Whereby a source can be played, heard through speakers, yet NOT recorded/looped until the "assigned" track recording is started?

I'd LOVE the idea of a "one-wire" hookup to my Bose PA; where all I do is connect the RC-300 output to the Bose and I'm done.  Currently, I have a pedalboard, which includes a "Panic Button" XLR switcher so I can switch my mic in or out of the JamMan at will.  So I have a small mixer that put on a table, hook up my pedalboard to that (one 1/4" output from the JamMan, one XLR from the Panic Button), then output from the mixer to the PA.  The mixer also handles reverb for guitar/voice.

I'm all about complex simplicity.  If I could reduce my setup time (which now is only 10 or 15 minutes), I'd be thrilled.

Can this be done?

Alternatively, I'll keep using the "Panic Button" to allow me to switch the mic in or out of the looper.  But I know I would do more vocal looping if it were simpler....

Thanks!

Brent Flash

geormiet

Put guitar into the R instrument input.   Put vocal into the mic input.  Leave L/mono instrument input empty.

Now you have:
Left out = vocal
Right out = guitar

geormiet

However this might not be helpful for you...since when you press record it will
Record both at the same time.   Panning tracks won't help either.