Loosing my mind w/ FC-1 and Motif Rack ES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Larry Largen, March 14, 2016, 09:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Largen

So, I have Tripleplay, FC-1 and a Yamaha Motif Rack ES. I have the latest Fishman firmware installed. I spent two full days trying to get patches set up to use on stage. I can't get the setup to work without the computer. I can't get the transmitter settings to store. Without the computer the playability of the setup turns to useless one string non chromatic crap. That might be great if I only needed a sax patch only on the high E string. But obviously I need more than that. There is so much potential here! When I set things up right it sounds and plays amazing. I am having so much fun with the Grand piano and all the sounds but it's so frustrating not being to recall the controller settings for each patch or feel like like I can ever actually use this thing onstage! Can someone please help!

FreeTime

Quote from: Larry Largen on March 14, 2016, 09:07:09 PM
Without the computer the playability of the setup turns to useless one string non chromatic crap. That might be great if I only needed a sax patch only on the high E string.

You could try setting the ES to receive Omni.

MIDI --> BasicRcvCh --> Omni

There is a way to get the FTP to transmit everything on channel 1

I don't have an ES but you can probably assign different instruments to each string, i.e. Channel 1-4 strings, 5-6 Bass.

GuitarBuilder

Let's troubleshoot this in sequence:

First, verify that FTP and FC-1 are working correctly - did you upgrade the firmware and software to the latest versions?

Did you configure the hardware to Poly mode?

Use a MIDI monitor program on your computer to confirm that the FC-1 output is doing what you want, i.e. sending messages over multiple channels.

Second, configure the ES to Multi Mode.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Spider

I use FTP + Motif XS Rack and all works OK. In basic mode You can use regular patches (set Motif to omni like was written). In Multimode switch off 1-4 layering! (if ES has it).

if you use HW mode for every patch in Voice mode you must set up PB +/- 12. In Multimode for saved user patches FTP will force all setup (PB and instruments for parts).

vablows

Spider, how are you changing Multi's on the Motif XS?

I have one as well, and I have researched everything, even bought a MIDI Events Processor Plus, and cannot get the darn XS multi's to do a PC.

I just got an FTP with an FC-1, hoping I could program the MSB/LSB to work for the Multi program changes in the XS rack, but so far no avail for me.

Do you change PC via MIDI on the XS?

Thanks!

Spider

1. Program patches in FTP app. Use Hardware Synth windows not vst. Set proper Program with MSb, LSB for particular voices which you would like to use on particular strings. Save it.

2. On Motif use 5 din (if connected to computer it run via USB!!! even if ypu not run editor). Set it to Multi. Initialize Multi. MUst be blank! Set MIDI to omni.

3. Run FTP in HW mode and switch to this patch using UP/Down D-Pad.

Play. It works for me. But I don't use FC-1. Only FTP>MIDI USB host> 5 DIN > MOtif.

PS: opposite way: program Mulit in XS Editor (instrument per channel corresponding witch strings plus if you whish note ranges) and use FTP in HW only for program (multi) change.