Finally...My First track ever posted on SoundCloud using triple Play.

Started by BobbyD, February 19, 2016, 10:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyD

Hello friends....I have meaning to post this link for a while. This was more of a test where I was learning how to write clips in Ableton, import to session view, edit, mixdown learning basic compressor & limiter techniques and render to post to SoundCloud. That amazed me way more than the song.

[bhttps://soundcloud.com/bobbyluvchild[/b]

Every part of song except drums was played using my Godin Montreal with built in Triple Play and Omnisphere 2 inside of Ableton 9 live suite.   Drums were finger drummed using Push 1 controller. I have Push@ now which is so far superior.

I have deceided in approx 3 weeks, to write a song everyday and post online.  I am talking 60 seconds off a strong riff , hook, verse outro.  Anyone can do it. Just give yourself 1/2 hour and post when timer goes off. It may sound weak at first but you can only improve.  That is 365 tracks in one year. I would bet you would use 75% of those riffs in future tracks. This was my very first attempt and I though mix was ok and volume on SoundCloud was good. Plus everyone who heard the song seems to like it and are a bit surprised it was my very first attempt.   But I must state I have been living in the analog world for at least 4 months now and have not touched MIDI.  That means that I work on my sound with a boutique pedalboard I am putting together as well as practice guitar everyday for two hours minimum.  Guitar synths make all of us sound amazing, so why not learn your instrument and focus on just improving with no distractions from a synth.  I play every night through my Yamaha THR10x  learning new scales, picking techniques, jazz, and heavy chromatic work.  Once I get back to the synth, I will have a new world of sounds open to me by using just my fingers. Add in synth and that's when the magic happens in my opinion of course.

My next songs will have a few analog tracks layered in with MIDI tracks to create a wild sound. I have a custom pedal board I am building with boutique pedals that are amazing and can wait to mic my fender amp to lay down tracks.  I will also go direct with pedalboard to blend the sounds and also use my Yamaha THR10x into USB which sounds killer. I think Elantric said he stopped endorsing it but I can vouch that it sounds kick ass and I have not had any technical issues at all.   Plus soft synths make dreams a reality now. I own  Komplete Ultimate with Komplete 61 keyboard Controller, Arturia v collection which are 13 of the the most sought after sounding vintage synths of 70s & 80s plus Omnisphere 2, Triilian and Stylus RMX.  I am not buying software for years. I am done.  Being able to control these sounds with Triple Play is a guitarists wet dream.  I am 53 and been playing for almost 40 years so I am having a blast. 

Once I learn how to add video to sych with MIDI I am going to have the coolest setup with a huge wall of HD graphics.  Check out this cat on youtube named "Rhyne" who has like 150 episodes of him creating the most amazing ambient music with different controllers and setups in every video room. He is a MIDI genius. Rhyne is one of only 3 people I know who I put in Elantric's tier of expertise.  Sorry for digressing but I am finally seeing the light at the end of a tunnel I started digging about a year ago.

Here is my track:  https://soundcloud.com/bobbyluvchild   Please like it and you will be notified when I post tracks which will use triple Play. I will explain what I did if that helps anyone.  And please follow as that is how you will get an email when I post.

Also open to collaborating using Splice if you are an Ableton user.

Peace out.

whippinpost91850