Hi there VGuys and VGals

Started by 681954, January 09, 2017, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just joined and I am from North Yorkshire in the UK. I have recently purchased a 2012 NOS G5 VG Strat in black at standard used MIM money, it came with a new tweed case and the alternate power supply so I don't need to use batteries. Also, I got a Boss JS-8, also NOS and at usual 2nd hand money too. Why they were both never used I have no clue.

Strats I am well used to, the addition of the VG effects are an added bonus to me. I realize it is classed as an MIM, but with the USA 22 fret neck it feels really good to play; just loving it.

The Boss eBand JS-8 though is new to me, its effects sound rubbish through its own speakers (to my ears anyway). I have found that either routed through earphones, or directed through my Line 6 Spider IV 75 combo via either earphones out or RCAs, the effects start to sound somewhat better. Strangely, playing the inbuilt songs or MP3s, sounds are pretty good through its own speakers ?!

Well, I joined you guys, then found there is not much talk or interest in the products that I have amongst you peeps. I was sort of hoping that there would be some information on hacking into the patches, or utilizing GT10 patches you can buy off eBay in some way to get sounds I am happier with.

Anyway. . . I will stick around; as I will learn much about lots of other stuff from you experts  ;D

Paul Boyer

Elantric