GR-55 to other synthesizer units? "Local" on/off?

Started by wilkinsi, August 15, 2012, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilkinsi

If I want to use my home keyboard (Yamaha PSR530) with my synth rack (EMU Proteus 2000), I turn off the local setting on the keyboard to hear only the sound of the rack. Has anyone used their GR55 with other synths? Does it actually work? Is there a "local setting" I must turn off on the GR55 to stop its own sounds bleeding into the rack via the MIDI connection?

gumtown

There is no local on/off, but the GR-55 main volume knob turned down will do the same, the midi will still transmit to the external tone generator.
Apart from that, the PCM 1 and PCM 2 tones can be switched 'off' patch by patch.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

wilkinsi

Thanks Gummie. I assumed that because leaving my koard's local on would cause my sound module to also generate the keyboard's sounds (even though connected by MIDI only, the sounds of both units are audible), the same would apply here. Good to know this doesn't. I'll be chasing up my GR55 and GK3 later today (the internal kit and installation would be too expensive because of the drilling involved, and I don't wanna completely devalue my recently purchased Jackson DK2T).