VG-99 - Filter "OW" Bass with MP3 demo

Started by Kenmac, October 31, 2008, 11:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenmac

I wasn't sure whether I should post this in the synth section or the Bass section but seeing as how it's a filtered *bass* synth I thought I'd post it here. Some notes about the MP3 demo, certain members of the forum may find this bassline sounds pretty familar.  ;) Another thing I was demonstrating near the end of the demo is how you can change the resonance just by picking a little harder. More to come.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

baranger1

Thanks Kenmac.
Great job!

Yes the filter bass is a very fat synth model.
By using the alternate tuning you can shift the filter bass up an octave increase filter decay and its sounds a lot like a mini Moog synth!
This model sounds very analog to me.

Great job again Ken and great to see you programing!!!

Bill

Kenmac

Quote from: baranger1 on November 01, 2008, 08:31:34 AM
Thanks Kenmac.
Great job!

Yes the filter bass is a very fat synth model.
By using the alternate tuning you can shift the filter bass up an octave increase filter decay and its sound a lot like a mini Moog synth!
This model sounds very analog to me.

Great job again Ken and get to see you programing!!!

Bill
Thanks very much Bill, glad you liked it. I never cease to be amazed by the sounds that you can get out of the VG-99.

Kostas Greece

Cool! Sounds like an old fashioned video game!!!! ;D
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

Kenmac

Quote from: xatzkostas on November 04, 2008, 10:33:44 AM
Cool! Sounds like an old fashioned video game!!!! ;D
That never occurred to me but now that I've listened to it again, it does have that kind of quality to it. Thanks xatzkostas.