Software Installation Issues

Started by LCMEMUSIC, May 28, 2014, 09:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCMEMUSIC

I have installed the Fishman Triple Play software, and the accompanying software, several times, and still don't think I have it like it is supposed to be.

When I start triple play and try to call up the Piano + Strings preset, I get 6 screens in a row telling me that parts 1-6 did not load properly. I get the piano, but not the strings; yet, I can open up Kontact 2.5 (or whatever it is) and load the strings in that way, and there they are. Why would they not load when I tried to load the piano + strings preset?

I performed the install the way they said for Windows 7; I burned all of these programs to DVD and installed them (or tried to) from the disc. This made no difference in the programs behavior. I submitted the necessary key codes, as well.

Unfortunately for me, I work during the day, and am not off of work until 5:00pm, the same time Fishman support is walking out the door. I just can't see taking a day off to fix this problem over the phone with them.

I really could use some help with this. I've been playing guitar for 40 years now, and this is one of the most difficult things I've ever come across in guitar-dom (though, I know it is supposed to be easy).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

admin

Email Fishman Tripleplay Support asap

Fill in the form here:
http://www.fishman.com/contact

LCMEMUSIC

One thing I have overlooked with this software is the fact that it was created by Germans. Why does this matter? While I was working for a company that refurbishes Siemens X-Ray equipment, one of the lead technicians told me that Germans and software don't mix. He was right. They seem to want to over engineer everything. I just downloaded and installed Independence Free which is another software engineered by Germans; this is when I realized that FTP is a German engineered software; the GmbH gives it away. Now, mind you, there's nothing wrong with the software, but it's the installation process that the Germans haven't quite figured out how to make user friendly.

If you could ever get the chance to experience loading the software to one of Seimens' latest X-Ray machines, you would understand what I mean. If you skip a step, or miss a step, or do anything wrong like trying to do something else while loading the software, it won't take. You have to wipe it clean and start all over.

I like software installs that are easy; a couple of clicks, it does its magic, and your ready to go. None of this having to download other programs to install other programs and then installing the accompanying software before installing the main software; who does that? And why?

I'm done ranting.

Kevin M

Quote from: LCMEMUSIC on May 29, 2014, 05:05:50 AM
One thing I have overlooked with this software is the fact that it was created by Germans. Why does this matter? While I was working for a company that refurbishes Siemens X-Ray equipment, one of the lead technicians told me that Germans and software don't mix. He was right. They seem to want to over engineer everything. I just downloaded and installed Independence Free which is another software engineered by Germans; this is when I realized that FTP is a German engineered software; the GmbH gives it away. Now, mind you, there's nothing wrong with the software, but it's the installation process that the Germans haven't quite figured out how to make user friendly.

If you could ever get the chance to experience loading the software to one of Seimens' latest X-Ray machines, you would understand what I mean. If you skip a step, or miss a step, or do anything wrong like trying to do something else while loading the software, it won't take. You have to wipe it clean and start all over.

I like software installs that are easy; a couple of clicks, it does its magic, and your ready to go. None of this having to download other programs to install other programs and then installing the accompanying software before installing the main software; who does that? And why?

I'm done ranting.

Bear in mind that this forum is used by people from all over the world - some of them from Germany.  Best to avoid generalized statements like this, which, in my opinion, are highly questionable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elantric

Bear in mind that this forum is used by people from all over the world - some of them from Germany.  Best to avoid generalized statements like this, which, in my opinion, are highly questionable.

Agreed - and review the Fishman Software Suite - with its requirement for User registrations from several different developers ( IK Multimedia, Presonus, Native Instruments, Even Harmonic, etc) I doubt the FTP Software installation could be changed. So far the best idea is Fender Tripleplay Strat - ships all FTP app installers on an included USB ThumbDrive, which  negates the requirement for lengthy Downloads and fast internet connection by the user.