FTP in a DAW - not enough info

Started by Cez Nov, May 03, 2014, 12:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cez Nov

Hi!

I am trying to use the FTP Vst plugin with my DAW but I came across a few problems:

1) It is not possible to activate the guitar channel, therefore there is no way to use the 3 way knob. I have to add new track inside DAW and play the guitar through this track (but then the 3way switch is useless). Or maybe there is a way to add the guitar inside the plugin?

2) Pedal channel doesn't work. The SUSTAIN/HOLD diode flashes while pressing the pedal, but the pedal channel doesn't produce any sounds. What may be wrong? In standalone app it works fine.

Cez Nov

Refreshing the topic:

ad. 1) Still no luck
ad. 2) Support said that this is indeed a bug and they will look into this.

shawnb

I suspect you're right...   Have you contacted FTP support?

I have never tried this configuration.  This sounds like you're trying to use a DAW live.   

When I use my DAW, I use the "two track" technique, which I find is much simpler.  The two-track technique is described here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10481.msg75783#msg75783

This will not enable the guitar/mix/synth switch, nor will it enable the sustain/hold functionality.  But it exposes the VSTs to your normal DAW MIDI processing, and you can route messages as desired directly to the VSTs using your DAW, bypassing the FTP VST.  So it's a lot more flexible.  You may find a different way to configure what you're trying to do by talking directly with the synth. 

Hope this helps,
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp