GT-001 - My 200 Initialized Patch User Bank (Liveset)

Started by MickTheHat, July 24, 2014, 02:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheHat

Users of the new Boss Tone Studio software Editor will already have discovered that any new User Bank you create, either by dragging and dropping patches or initializing new ones, can be exported and saved to disk as a 'Liveset' (their trendy name for bank). However, patches can only be added/deleted one at a time, and the same goes for initializing a patch. Even if your new Liveset (bank!) only contains 5 patches, the Tone Studio will load up all the other 195 user slots with existing patches. There may come a time when you would like to have an entire User bank of 200 initialized, blank slots. I know, I know, you're scratching your head right now and wondering when such a time might come but, believe me, it's a useful trick to have up your sleeve. For those of you who may need such a thing – here it is. Enjoy!

(Prepared on a GT-001, so cannot be sure it will work on your GT-100 v2. Let me know if not).

gumtown

Opened it with Tone Studio and GT100FxFloorBoard,
is this a patch set 200 blank patches?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MickTheHat

Quote from: gumtown on July 24, 2014, 07:19:40 PM
Opened it with Tone Studio and GT100FxFloorBoard,
is this a patch set 200 blank patches?
Quote from: MickTheHat on July 24, 2014, 02:44:01 PM
There may come a time when you would like to have an entire User bank of 200 initialized, blank slots. I know, I know, you're scratching your head right now and wondering when such a time might come but, believe me, it's a useful trick to have up your sleeve. For those of you who may need such a thing – here it is. Enjoy!

Um, yes.

MickTheHat

Egg on face time!
There are at least 2 reasons why I would want or need a Liveset (Bank) of 200 pre-initialized patches. However, I failed to take into account how (relatively) buggy the new Boss Tone Studio editor still is. So, rather than imposing a logical 200 slot User Bank limit, when you drag-and-drop a patch into my 200 Patch User Bank, the Tone Studio will actually ADD that patch rather than replace an existing empty one! I found this out the hard way when I dragged 67 patches over to my empty 200 patch bank and ended up with 267 patches when I exported it!
Silly me.

Shure