FC300 - Expression pedels not working correctly

Started by philharmonique, January 27, 2008, 11:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

Quote from:  rer801 on December 29, 2012, 05:26:36 PM
Brent:  IT WORKED!!!!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

I think I understand it now, too.  I can be SO dense sometimes, but I think I get it now.

Again, many thanks for your assistance and patience.

Ron
Great! Let us know if you need anything else.  :)

dannybagpipes

Can the FC-300 in combination with the VG-99 assign two effects to one expression pedal?

I have drive as the effect on the expression pedal 1.  I would like it to switch to wah when pressing exp pedal 1 switch.  Please help me do this if it's possible!

Brent Flash

This can be done but you may want to get your other problem out of the way first.

dannybagpipes

Ok, thanks, I got the wah to work.  Now I would like exp 1 to be drive, then switch to wah.  How can this be done?  Thanks in advance, this site rocks!

DAn

Brent Flash

Quote from:  dannybagpipes on June 27, 2013, 08:49:55 PM
Ok, thanks, I got the wah to work.  Now I would like exp 1 to be drive, then switch to wah.  How can this be done?
Exp pedal 1 can have multiple targets to control, now if it is practical to do so is a matter of opinion. Could you explain exactly how you would want the pedal to work controlling "drive" and "wah"?

dannybagpipes

I would like to have exp pedal 1 control the drive from 0 to 60 of an overdrive pedal.  Then I want to be able to switch exp pedal 1 to control wah by pressing the exp pedal switch.  I would like the wah to be in the treble position when the switch is depressed and it would have to be in the treble position to change back to drive - just like any old crybaby wah.  I use exp pedal 2 for volume control. 

Brent Flash

Here is a patch that has Drive on the first half travel of Exp 1 and Wah on the second half or toe side. If you want to overlap them go to FC-300/Exp Pedal 1 and set the range down from 60 where I have it set now. Then go to ASSIGN/ASSIGN 9 (this is controlling the drive) and set the upper range above 60 as much as you want them to overlap.

I just took a patch of mine and added the controller for overdrive to it and set the ranges to show you how it would be done. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.  :)

dannybagpipes

Brent,

Thanks for your help and the patch, you rock!  I have been working on this for several hours to be respectful of your time instead of just posting right away when getting stuck.

The only thing I would like to change from the patch is that I basically want the drive to be independent of the wah.

Ultimately, I would like the drive to stay fixed when the Wah is on.  Is that possible?  I think this is an accurate description of what I'm going after:

Exp Pedal 1 off: control drive only with EXP Pedal 1
Exp Peda1 1 on: control wah only, with the drive at a fixed value (say 60%), or if for some reason the drive has to be on, at an active range that is different from when Exp Pedal 1 is off, say a very low active range like 0-5 so it basically is at 60% and not changing while the wah is sweeping.

Even if the above is not possible, you are helping me to learn this unit much better.  Thank you very much!

Brent Flash

Quote from:  dannybagpipes on July 02, 2013, 08:19:44 PM
The only thing I would like to change from the patch is that I basically want the drive to be independent of the wah.
The way I saved the patch above, the DRIVE and WAH do work independent of each other in that the WAH only works on the top half of the pedal range and the DRIVE works on the bottom half of the pedal range. So when you toe down the drive maxes out at 60% and then the toe switch turns the WAH on. The WAH range goes through it's full range on the top half of the pedal movement. As long as you don't lower the pedal below half way the drive will stay at 60%. But if you do go below half the WAH will not change from it's lowest sound but the drive will start decreasing. There is really no way to leave the drive on but not control it once you assign it as a target. One could have the drive turn off when the toe switch is depress for the WAH but I did not think that is what you wanted.
Quote from:  dannybagpipes on July 02, 2013, 08:19:44 PM
Ultimately, I would like the drive to stay fixed when the Wah is on.  Is that possible?  I think this is an accurate description of what I'm going after:

Exp Pedal 1 off: control drive only with EXP Pedal 1
Exp Peda1 1 on: control wah only, with the drive at a fixed value (say 60%), or if for some reason the drive has to be on, at an active range that is different from when Exp Pedal 1 is off, say a very low active range like 0-5 so it basically is at 60% and not changing while the wah is sweeping.

Even if the above is not possible, you are helping me to learn this unit much better.  Thank you very much!
I think if you study the settings I did for FC-300/EXP 1 in the CONTROL ASSIGN section and the ASSIGN/ASSIGN 9 in the CONTOL ASSIGN section you will see how the range is set 0-60 for the drive and 60-120 for the WAH. This splits the pedal range between the two. Let me know if this makes any sense to you, if not maybe I can answer the questions you have.

dannybagpipes

I think i understand.  The drive will stay the same regardless of EXP Pedal SW 1.  Therefore, whatever the T Min and T Max are and Active Low and High will be the same whether Wah is on or not.  Since Wah is assigned to EXP Pedal SW 1 the Wah is what turns on or off based on the ON/OFF status of the EXP Pedal 1. 

Thank you very much for your help!

dannybagpipes

Just kidding, one last thing......

I would like the wah to be off, not just in the base position when when below the Active Low of 60.  On your patch and the patch I'm applying this method to - both are in the bass position - I just want no wah effect at all until crossing above the active low and up to the active high.

Brent Flash

I am not sure what you mean by "I would like the wah to be off, not just in the base position when below the Active Low of 60." I have it set so that the toe switch of EXP 1 turns the WAH on and off. The WAH only changes on the upper half of the pedal movement when it is ON and while you are in the upper half of the pedal range the DRIVE does not change. When you are in the lower half of the pedal range the WAH does not change but the drive does. If you don't want the WAH you will have to turn it off with the toe switch. Or we could set the lower range to turn the WAH off but that would likely cause some difficulty with the WAH by accidentally turning it off on occasion when you over shoot the lower threshold.

Weed_

Hello!

Is there a way to assign the FC300 Expression 2Sw to turn the wah on and turn FV level off?
Means, I have the volume pedal when Expression 2Sw is deactivated and way when activated?

If I understand it right, the expression toe switch does not affect the expression pedal, it is just a switch as any other that can be used to turn on and off the assigned effects?
I mean, could you let's say assign expression pedal 1 to controls speed of leslie and when you activate the toe switch, instead of speed controls the depth? Or it could only turn the leslie off but still be changing the speed of leslie?

Hope that questions make sens :).

Thanks!

fokof

A controller parameter cannot change another controller's parameter.  :P

In the situation you are describing you could:
-assign a leslie in both M1 and M2 and make them identical

EDIT: -Assign Leslie speed of M1 and depth of M2 to Pedal 1

-On the pedal sw , assign M1 to on M2 to off so it switch between both

Smash

As per title - when I use the EXP1 on the FC300 it only has to come into contact with the rubber stop lightly and it activate the EXP1 switch.

EXP2 switch is fine and needs a good healthy amount of pressure to activate but EXP1 has almost become a proximity detector!

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to pull the pedal apart? Is there a monetary switch hidden behind the block of rubber? Just wondering whether it's got partially stuck

Appreciate any thoughts before I go tearing in there :)

Elantric

Time for a recalibration of your FC300 Expression pedals

Be sure to perform this procedure on the same type floor surface you typically use the FC300.

Avoid Carpeted floor.

Read the FC300 Manual page 56
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Smash

Ah....that's what comes of buying a used FC300, no manual!

That is brilliant, thanks Elantric. I'll recalibrate both as you say. Gonna be interesting how they "feel" after this.

Many thanks  :)

Smash

Perfect - work a treat. "Normality restored 1:1"