GK2 V's GK3 sound

Started by Headless68, June 03, 2015, 08:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

My main player has a built in GK2 pickup (not a 2a, its a dissmantled GK2) - I noticed that GK3 external pickups seemed to be more treble biased & now I have used a GK3 internal kit I notice the same difference compared to GK2, no matter what settings I make in VG-99 or GP-10 the GK2 sounds 'fuller' - slightly more warm than the GK3.
Anyone else have same experience ?  .....anyone else even still using GK2 pickups :-)

although the GK2 lacks any adjustment at the pickup and is a bit wider I find it more comfortable under right hand palm too

Headless

aliensporebomb

I found that after I played a GK2 equipped guitar for two years I had to reprogram all my patches slightly to accommodate for the GK3 equipped guitar I switched to later.  Even then, it was kind of a different sound.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Headless68

Interesting reading - I noticed it less on the VG-99 but have just been programming some GP-10 patches up with my GK2 guitar & when I tried my GK3 guitar they were way off - gives me a little issue to solve live

Headless

Elantric

Be sure you are changing the "GK TYPE" setting on the GP-10 when you change guitars

For your guitar with GK-2, set GP-10 GK TYPE = GK-2A

For your guitar with GK-3, set GP-10 GK TYPE = GK-3

Headless68

Yep am using the correct settings / setup on the guitar / same strings - so looks like it's just down to how they sound between each other