GR-55 - 12 STRING EFFECT WITH ACOUSTIC MODELING TONES?

Started by Ballad, June 27, 2016, 12:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad

I have been programming for 2 days straight....so maybe a little punchy, but, I just got down my playlist to Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man, so for the first time I need acoustic 12string. Went to tones. Selected D-28 acoustic, entered the parameters....no 12 string switch! Looked at manual....again...
Page 29, modeling tone parameters shows a 12 str switch and section. BUT I see a note at the bottom *12str cannot be used with any of the following settings (the parameters will not be shown). Modeling tone parameters!  So, ask myself, and you, why is the 12 string option on the Parameter List (Modeling tone) chart if you can't use it? I'm going to bed....maybe I will have more luck in the Jingle Jangle mornin'...
Ballad:
GR-30, Voicelive 3X, Turbosound Inspire IP200 PA, Roland Ready Strat, Martin HD 28 w/Baggs I Beam. Digitech TRIO for Bass and drums.

Elantric

Try using Gumtown's GR-55 Floorboard to build your GR-55 patches

http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemFiles/Manual/ROL_GR55SBK_manual.pdf

Ballad

Yup. Doing that....
Ballad:
GR-30, Voicelive 3X, Turbosound Inspire IP200 PA, Roland Ready Strat, Martin HD 28 w/Baggs I Beam. Digitech TRIO for Bass and drums.

Elantric

QuotePage 29, modeling tone parameters shows a 12 str switch and section. BUT I see a note at the bottom *12str cannot be used with any of the following settings (the parameters will not be shown). Modeling tone parameters!  So, ask myself, and you, why is the 12 string option on the Parameter List (Modeling tone) chart if you can't use it? I'm going to bed....maybe I will have more luck in the Jingle Jangle mornin'...

Its a poorly translated text note

I have no problem selecting GR-55 Acoustic Model with 12 string

You just cant employ the Alt Tuning

it means

*    12STR cannot be used with any of the following settings (the parameters will not be shown).
• TONE CATEGORY=E.BASS (if set to GUITAR input) or E.GTR (if set to BASS input)
            PITCH SHIFT≠0
            PITCH FINE≠0
•    MASTER parameters
            ALTERNATE TUNING "SWITCH" =ON

concordal

Quotewhy is the 12 string option on the Parameter List (Modeling tone) chart if you can't use it?

Ballad, you can use it.  The manual does indeed say:

• MODELING TONE parameters
        TONE CATEGORY=E.BASS (if set to GUITAR input) or E.GTR (if set to BASS input) PITCH SHIFT≠0
        PITCH FINE≠0

"MODELING TONE parameters" is just a heading here.  Meaning that the 12str switch is not available for the E.Bass or if the pitch fine adjustment is anything other than zero.  The 12str switch is available for any of the other modelling parameter settings.

Elantric

QuoteBallad, you can use it.  The manual does indeed say:

• MODELING TONE parameters
        TONE CATEGORY=E.BASS (if set to GUITAR input) or E.GTR (if set to BASS input) PITCH SHIFT≠0
        PITCH FINE≠0

"MODELING TONE parameters" is just a heading here.  Meaning that the 12str switch is not available for the E.Bass or if the pitch fine adjustment is anything other than zero.  The 12str switch is available for any of the other modelling parameter settings.

Agreed / Confirmed!