GK-3 Internal pickup with Active EMG wiring in Steinberger P series

Started by Myrk-, March 28, 2015, 03:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrk-

Hi everyone,

I'm building a crazy Steinberger P Series guitar with active EMG 81x and 60x with an internal GK-3 system (by the way Thomann is selling the internal system for 1/3 price - about 70 euros, get it now!).

Anyway, I've hit a couple of snags in the wiring process. I'm not sure how to wire up some of the items with the EMG hot connector system with mini-jumpers.

First up the Battery connector:

I've tried to capture all the parts and the diagram in the photo. You can see the jack input, to the right the wiring diagram from the GK manual, and above the connector on GK side and the black wire coming from it. I can see the white cable from the GK side connects to the black cable from the jack output going to the battery, but which cable should the black cable from GK side connect to?

Next up the Guitar volume connection to the GK (Not the GK volume):

I'm lost on this one... any ideas what I connect the ground wire and other to? I'm guessing I have to ditch the hot connectors to wire it in with the GK system?

Not only is this thing a wirey job but it also barely fits inside a P series steinberger as you can see from the pics - Jeff Babicz from the original Newburgh factory actually said it was impossible to fit it in the cavity (but I did a fit test last night and it's all in!). I really appreciate anyones help!