GR-55 - ES335

Started by dan26, May 09, 2011, 07:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan26

Hello,
Is there anybody who knows how to realize the fabulous sound of ES335 that we can listen on you tube with jack thammarat playing Here to stay (Pat Meteny's sound).I tried it but I'm far from this realistic sound.
Thanks

viramundo

I find the modelled 335 sound with front pick up pretty close to these ears.

I like the sound of the Boss Clean amp on a level of about 60, a touch of delay & room reverb sounds cool.
I think results differ between set ups though, mine is nylon strung with RMC piezo pick up, & I find I have to reduce the volumes of the lower strings & take the bass off the amp a touch otherwise it's too boomy.

Check out the pre set patches that have a 335 sound in them, remove the PCM sounds & see what you've got left, that could be a good starting point.
For Example, Seychelles Tour is a patch using the 335.
There is a patch list in Excel somewhere on the site & using that you see at a glance what tones are used on all the patches.

dan26

Thanks a lot. I find Boss clean amp nice too. I play with my Godin ACS and I found an interesting sound with bass lowered and a little bit of chorus and plate reverb. Not like Meteny, but interesting. The same sound used on my Sheraton GK3 is poor.

Spider

I'm too looking for nice sound of ES335/L4 = good jazz sound with GK3... I must said that my guitar with GR55 sound definitely more jezz-ier than normal PU set on neck position (SD Jazz). But... if any one could share some impressive jazz patch would be very very nice :) Sound of Jack Thammarat is some kind of my dream.

Elantric

QuoteI saw another video by Thammarat in which he was playing the GR 55 model of a 335 through a REAL amp (sorry I forget what kind, probably a vintage Fender tube amp), and micing the amp. So that may explain how he gets some of his tone....

If its this one - i believe its simply the GR-55 Direct into the Audio Interface - no Amp.