Roland GR-55 - GR-55 Cakewalk / Sonar Instrument Definition File (*.ins)

Started by Cristoby, March 13, 2011, 11:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cristoby

Here's the instrument definition file for the GR-55.  I wish it received note messages, but that's not all there is to it.  Tested with Sonar 5.0 and MIDIOX.  Remember to change the extension to .ins upon downloading.

I wanted to thank the forum members for the great information here.  So, this file is my token of appreciation.

rename from *.txt to *.ins

A2theT

Super job on this!
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Guitar Grant

Hi I,m Guitar Grant and I just wanted to thank you for the ins file for Rolands GR55 synth.
Thanks a lot
kbgegc

thatsrayor

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this used for? It sounds very useful but I'm still new to MIDI  8)

tekrytor

We all have questions, not to worry. We help each other when we can.

Instrument definition files are used with recording software to allow you to select patches by name on the instrument using MIDI connection between the host computer and the instrument. It can be very convenient if you use recording software, like Cubase, Sonar, ProTools, etc.

Each file is for a given instrument and contains a list of the patches for that specific instrument.

SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

PatMarrNC

I've been searching for a GR-55 instrument definition for weeks! Yours must be the only one in existence! Thanks!

Cristoby

Quote from: PatMarrNC on May 13, 2014, 09:47:28 PM
I've been searching for a GR-55 instrument definition for weeks! Yours must be the only one in existence! Thanks!

The file you downloaded was built for the original firmware version.  Try this one instead, recently (as in 'today'  ;D) updated for the latest version 1.50 of the firmware.  Flip .txt for .ins before using.

rmarton123

I'm looking for a GR-55.ins file (name is an example) to import my Instrument Definition into Cakewalk Sonar. Does anyone have anything like that?

admin

This has never existed

Remember that GR-55 cannot be used as a midi tone module so a cakewalk ins file is useless with the GR 55

rmarton123

Not for Tone generation. It's for using your pc and sonar to create a set list and change patches and effects on the fly.