Show your GK Guitar

Started by Virtual Tone, February 22, 2008, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoC1909

Quote from: ChrisD34 on November 06, 2008, 02:38:51 PM
Here is my Carvin SH-575.  I also have a Gibson Nighthawk with a GK-2a on it, but I don't have picture of it (maybe I can take a picture tonigth and post it).

The Carvin tracks much better than the Gk-2a equipped Gibson and my Godin LGX-SA (which I do not own anymore).

Very nice guitar! In one of the other threads, some others were talking about Carvin's and it was decided that they are pretty, damn nice!

RoC

sixeight

I have just bought a Crafter SA-TMVS. In my quest for a better acoustic tone, I have given up on the acoustic models of the VG-99. This is much more like the real thing. And with the VG-99, I have all the electric guitar models as well.

kneagle

Here is my new Carvin SH575 with the "Bahama Burst" finish - kinda makes you want to go snorkeling, doesn't it. I'll try to grab a pic of my Brian Moore C90P.13 with the "Sea Turtle" finish later.

EJROCKS

Hey kneagle,  love that guitar.   Im getting my carvin in a few days.  Ill post a pic then.

kneagle

Quote from: EJROCKS on December 21, 2008, 08:44:42 AM
Hey kneagle,  love that guitar.   Im getting my carvin in a few days.  Ill post a pic then.

Cool!!!
575? 275? color?

EJROCKS

Its a 275 with a natural finish.  If you get the carvin catalog its the one
aug sept issue.  Really caught my eye.  Simple yet eye catching.   All
gold hardware with a bigsby trem.   cant wait to get it.  Could be a
very merry xmas if I get it before Thurs but Im not holdin my breath.

EJROCKS

opps I meant on the cover of that issue.

Rojoyinc

Didn't clean my room - just turned and shot after seeing this thread.
My T5 - great when mixed normal PU with VG99  (12 string patch I made)
And Am DLX ash strat.

Ron, GR, MI
Strats (John Mayer & AmDlx Ash) Fretlight
Gibson LP cust
Tayor T5 Koa, Solidbody walnut custom
Alesis DM5, MM6 synth
Line6 UX8, Mesa LonestarSP, Fender Acoustasonic
MicroCube, Fender Champ 600, BR-600, DP-02CF PortaStudio
HarmonyMan, VocalistLive4, CuBase, SECURITY SYSTEM ;-)

ZenSonic

Greetings, Here's a a link to pics of my guitar. I am not sure how to post them directly yet. best wishes, ZenSonic

http://buildingtheergonomicguitar.com/2008/09/mini-gordo-midi-guitar.html

EJROCKS

heres my new carvin sh275.  Takin me some time to get things tweeked but so far
I love it.

GrinPicker

This is me and my C90P-13  in a promo shot for Brian Moore Guitars.  I also have a 94 American Double Fat Strat with a GK-3 installed in Midnight blue/Maple neck..I don't have any pix of that yet.

kneagle

Quote from: EJROCKS on January 08, 2009, 08:57:35 PM
I love it.

how do you like the bigsby?

does it affect the tracking?

kn

feloniouspunk

Quote from: EJROCKS on January 08, 2009, 08:57:35 PM
I love it.

Nice looking guitar man!  I was drawn to that one myself when the Carvin catalog came.  Please give us a full report on its compatibility with the VG-99. 

Chris
Lots of Gear. :)

LowSpeed

8)Here is one of 18  8) guitars. This one, a MIM strat is the one I use for the GK3 system. Hey, Rojoyinc, nice T5 there! I see you also have the Taylor Walnut Electric there in the back ground. I have a T5 custom maple and the standard Taylor electric among my collection!

Rax

These are my guitars. Yamaha APX 10 stereo.  Yamaha APX 10 with Kahler Pro tremolo + internal GK-2 and a Godin Classical.

Here's a link if you would like to hear them.  http://www.myspace.com/bradleysayre

http://www.acousticon.net/

s7y

karma1

I use these with my GR-33 and my new VG-99:

Fender Roland-ready Strat w/ Lace Sensors, FerraGlide saddles, Schaller locking tuners:

PRS Santana SE w/ GK2A synth pickup, Sustainac, Duncan Custom Custom w/ 3-way switching, GraphTech saddles, Planet Waves locking tuners.

jkexpress

I gave up fitting the GK3 to my guitars so I built one out of some old kitchen bench (KB) . So now this is the KB3. I put more clearance so in Bass emulation I can slap the strings. Who needs pickups or a  whammy bar anyway with the dbeam etc.

Now with a loop station this is perfect and the best fun.

mooncaine

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

guitarnstuff

Here is my Carvin AE 185 with an internal GK3 kit installed by http://www.thelutherieshop.com  Tim at the shop did the install and his craftmanship was top notch. Every thing looks as if it was build from the factory. Great attention to detail with both the woodworking and the electronics.

This was a real challenge as the AE185 Carvin controls are mounted to a pc board preamp for the piezo and mag pickups and we had to be creative about where to put the controls. The location makes everything easier to use than when I had the external GK mounted. The fee was very reasonable given the planning needed.

I love this light semi hollow, neck through, 25" scale, tone machine!

alexbird

MCK

Amazing guitars posted so far by so many members. Here are few humble pieces that I call myself lucky to own :

My most recently completed project. A de-fretted RR Strat with a Sustainiac pickup + SD HB at bridge. Very happy with the outcome on this one.

ESP Edwards with Floyd Rose... Original condition before GK implant

After implant

Closeup on 13pin + 1/4 jack plate

Last but not least my beautiful Gibson Dark Fire. Doesn't have a GK2/3 installed but does a great job of driving a VG99 via its  builtin Piezo saddles

I did have a GK3 slapped on there at some point but took it out as soon as my Dark Fire to VG99 interface cable was available. Here's how it looked back then

All the best to you all and a Happy New Year!!!

blisstone

Quote from: feloniouspunk on March 15, 2008, 10:18:05 AM
Here's my baby.  Its a Godin LGX-SA AAA.  Its has the L.R. Baggs piezo and Seymour Duncan Custom Humbuckers.
Gorgeous... baby alright!

cynegetic

Quote from: Rax on February 17, 2009, 02:41:29 PM
Yamaha APX 10 with Kahler Pro tremolo + internal GK-2

An acoustic with a trem?? :o

That is full of win.