RC-50 - Silence gap right after REC pedal is pressed.

Started by Moonyman213, October 06, 2017, 02:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonyman213

Aloha!

I've read too many posts on different sites from users complaining about this annoying gap. It happened to me too and I managed to solve it.
However, that is not the reason I'm posting this. I'm actually posting this because I have a different kind of silence gap that appeared recently.

English is not my native language, so I might struggle I bit with explanations to make myself clear.

I am a one-man-band. I use the looper to record my beatboxing, my singing, the sounds of a microKorg XL and effects of a KP3.
What happens is that when I add a constant chord progression, there is a small gap that varies depending on how accurate my keystrokes were. This gap is located - everytime - right after the moment I hit the REC pedal, and continues to loop the progression with said gap.

To study this behavior, I've connected the looper via usb and listened to the .wav files that are stored in the memory. To my surprise, they sound perfectly, without gaps. My guess is that the looper is incorrectly reading and playing these files.
No matter where I hit the REC pedal, the gap is always there.
In my last projects, this problem wasn't present, but after a random rehearsing, it randomly appeared.
My first guess was that I accidentally changed something, but after resetting to factory settings, and updating the firmware to 1.01, the problem persisted.
I should also add that to get a good performance, I use the GUIDE to help myself. A week ago, this problem wasn't present while using the GUIDE. Now, it doesn't matter if I use it or not, or how I set the priority, the problem still appears.

I've tried to find a solution to the point my head started boiling. I don't know what else to do, so if you guys have any ideas or suggestions, please, share it. You might save a life.

PS: I apologize if this is the wrong section to be posting.
PPS: If needed, I can provide a small recording.

admin

Quote from: Moonyman213 on October 06, 2017, 02:26:59 PM
Aloha!

I've read too many posts on different sites from users complaining about this annoying gap. It happened to me too and I managed to solve it.
However, that is not the reason I'm posting this. I'm actually posting this because I have a different kind of silence gap that appeared recently.

English is not my native language, so I might struggle I bit with explanations to make myself clear.

I am a one-man-band. I use the looper to record my beatboxing, my singing, the sounds of a microKorg XL and effects of a KP3.
What happens is that when I add a constant chord progression, there is a small gap that varies depending on how accurate my keystrokes were. This gap is located - everytime - right after the moment I hit the REC pedal, and continues to loop the progression with said gap.

To study this behavior, I've connected the looper via usb and listened to the .wav files that are stored in the memory. To my surprise, they sound perfectly, without gaps. My guess is that the looper is incorrectly reading and playing these files.
No matter where I hit the REC pedal, the gap is always there.
In my last projects, this problem wasn't present, but after a random rehearsing, it randomly appeared.
My first guess was that I accidentally changed something, but after resetting to factory settings, and updating the firmware to 1.01, the problem persisted.
I should also add that to get a good performance, I use the GUIDE to help myself. A week ago, this problem wasn't present while using the GUIDE. Now, it doesn't matter if I use it or not, or how I set the priority, the problem still appears.

I've tried to find a solution to the point my head started boiling. I don't know what else to do, so if you guys have any ideas or suggestions, please, share it. You might save a life.

PS: I apologize if this is the wrong section to be posting.
PPS: If needed, I can provide a small recording.

this was the big reason why most here upgraded to the "bug free" RC-300

review this thread

RC-50- Workaround for RC-50 loop dropout issue....
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7405.0

Moonyman213

Quote from: Moonyman213 on October 06, 2017, 02:26:59 PMI've read too many posts on different sites from users complaining about this annoying gap. It happened to me too and I managed to solve it.

Quote from: Moonyman213 on October 06, 2017, 02:26:59 PM

I know what this common rc-50 issue is about. As mentioned above, that is not my case.
Three days ago, this problem wasn't present. I could seamlessly loop anything I wanted without the gap. You can see this in my last video: https://youtu.be/DTHU1rV-4-U?t=1m7s
The moment I start with the piano, you can hear the progression constantly. Same with the bass at 1:27 mark.

What I don't understand is how could this have happened randomly.

Take a look at another video: https://youtu.be/u0dlH7wSL1c?t=1m7s
In this one, at the shown mark, he sings the chords without gaps. And again, at 1:55 mark, the bassline sounds perfectly.

Lastly, you can hear the gap everyone (and you) is talking about in the following video, right when he starts the drums:

At 0:20 mark, you can clearly hear the gap where the kickdrum should be, but when the loop starts over, the kickdrum is there.

Also, in the video of the thread you linked me to, the author of the video mentions that he pre-recorded an empty loop 16 times. In my rc-50, I actually do that. I first record the drums and then the piano, but the problem is still there.

EDIT: No matter how the rc-50 is configured (GUIDE on/off, SYNC on/off, Priority to rhythm/sound), no matter where the sound is coming from (synth, KP3, direct microphone), no matter what sound I start first or which phrase I use first, the problem persists. It didn't happen before, started 2 days ago. Owned it for years and this is the first time it happens.