IAA signal chains, Tonestack, Bias, and Fiddlicator

Started by briandsocal, August 24, 2017, 10:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

briandsocal

Hey everyone.

Back again with more questions about these apps.

So I do not have an ipad only iphone 7+ so that excludes Bias FX from my options. Kind of a bummer because I love Bias Amp models and Tone Cloud amp match stuff.

I dont have any real analog pedals either so I need the digital fx. mostly for tubescreamer to tighten up my low end on high gain stuff.

question is how to get the fx in front of the amp. What I am doing is inserting Bias AMP and Fiddlicator into the Tone Stack chain with IAA.

Problem with this is that when I load tonestack it takes forever to load if I last had a preset with Bias on it.

Sometimes it wont connect to IAA at all.

Any advice on how to get good signal chain to put FX both pre and post BIas AMP?

Also need to make sure I include fiddlicator for my IRs

Also, If I click on Bias in the Tonestack chain to open the app it goes to Bias and there is a green tonestack button in the top center of the screen. But when I push it it doesnt go back to tonestack. pretty irritating.

any thoughts?

Elantric

Quote from: briandsocal on August 24, 2017, 10:12:31 AM
Hey everyone.

Back again with more questions about these apps.

So I do not have an ipad only iphone 7+ so that excludes Bias FX from my options. Kind of a bummer because I love Bias Amp models and Tone Cloud amp match stuff.

I dont have any real analog pedals either so I need the digital fx. mostly for tubescreamer to tighten up my low end on high gain stuff.

question is how to get the fx in front of the amp. What I am doing is inserting Bias AMP and Fiddlicator into the Tone Stack chain with IAA.

Problem with this is that when I load tonestack it takes forever to load if I last had a preset with Bias on it.

Sometimes it wont connect to IAA at all.

Any advice on how to get good signal chain to put FX both pre and post BIas AMP?

Also need to make sure I include fiddlicator for my IRs

Also, If I click on Bias in the Tonestack chain to open the app it goes to Bias and there is a green tonestack button in the top center of the screen. But when I push it it doesnt go back to tonestack. pretty irritating.

any thoughts?

You are loading some very high CPU intensive apps

Not much you can do - other than change platforms to an OSX or Windows machine

many  of these signal chains with multiple IOS apps running with IAA I read mentioned at other forums in my real world experience simply do not work as practical solutions for live performance  - Why? because of the long patch change time  - longer than a glacial GR-55

Id rather use any number of dedicated DSP floor Multi-FX

If you prefer Cab IR  - Try a Nux Cerberus
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20863.msg154792#msg154792

briandsocal

well that sucks. I thought I might be just doing something wrong. I was so hyped about using my iphone to record stuff. I guess I will just spend more time on the music. Clean up my PC maybe.

Elantric

Quote from: briandsocal on August 24, 2017, 11:20:28 AM
well that sucks. I thought I might be just doing something wrong. I was so hyped about using my iphone to record stuff. I guess I will just spend more time on the music. Clean up my PC maybe.

Thats what I had to do -

Other choice is wait for faster CPU's  - but then IOS 12 will eat up all CPU speed  with prioritizing your facebook messenger feeds 

briandsocal

Elantric

Quoteare you using digital live?

Boss GP-10, GR-55

or

Cube-80XL ( a DSP modeling amp) for past 8 years

My iPad rig is mostly for learning songs

In the studio  - I use my Kemper,  but lately prefer mic'ing my 60s tube amps )

briandsocal

ughhh. I cant afford/ have no good excuse for a tube amp based on my living situation.

Maybe a small laptop.

admin

Apple is deprecating IAA / Audiobus in iPadOS & iOS 13! 😮
"Inter-App audio is deprecated. Use Audio Units for this functionality moving forward." Looks like non-AUv3 apps are gonna be left behind in the future.

From the iOS 13 release notes just published:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ios_ipados_release_notes/ios_ipados_13_beta_release_notes?fbclid=IwAR3iBD8hT4Y6CGihQmPZqySRI1ebNPgS5W1Tf2_MGbTb8b9Xs5XjXphz5q4