SY-300 - Flux Pavilion

Started by substation7, June 22, 2017, 07:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

substation7

Has anyone created any Flux Pavilion style leads or basses that they wish to share?
I bought a new guitar! And then she asks "Are you gonna sell the old one?"

wheely

Big dubsteppy, talky, growly, robo bass? Ye sounds good to me!! Anyone?

ElliotG

Do you have a specific example of a Flux Pavillion lead or bass?   I might try to create a patch.

substation7

@ElliotG  Here is an example of what kinds of sounds.  https://soundcloud.com/flux-pavilion/the-flux-pavilion-classics-dj-mix

Around 56sec in is the classic Flux Pavilion lead sound.  Around 6:40 is a bass sound that is used often.

13:57 - 15:20 Bass / Synth / Wobbles - these are his signature style sounds

I've tried a couple of times now, but I can't coax the level of "gnarly" that he gets in his sounds out of the SY-300.  The lack of both a Bit Crusher and a Ring Modulator in FX blocks is part of the issue.  I don't know if it's possible without those.

I'd love to see what you come up with!

~Clement

I bought a new guitar! And then she asks "Are you gonna sell the old one?"

ElliotG

I'll give it a try...

Just as a point of interest, there is a "bit crusher" on the SY300, look at the lofi effect.  I don't hear any ring mod.
Lots of pitch bend on that bass (at 6:40).

13:57 - 15:20 Bass / Synth / Wobbles - That is quite a bit of production there I suspect a whole collection of plug-ins and effects!  Sounds like a vocoder on some of the bass parts.

ElliotG

I took a quick run at the "classic Flux Pavilion lead sound"  It sounds like a set of PWM waves, and little else.  Plenty of tweaking required on levels, pwm %, and the relative pitches of waves. 

I hope to have a little more time over the weekend if I get something I'll post it.

ElliotG

Here is a quick shot at the "classic Flux Pavilion lead sound" It's in the ballpark but could use some refinement.
You may want to try to adjust the levels of the 3 OSCs, and pulse widths.

Sometimes if you search youtube you can find guys doing examples on soft synths and get some ideas to apply.  Search "synth programming flux pavilion" you may find a video of someone putting something together on a soft synth.  While the SY300 will be different, you should be able to get a few ideas from it.

I've attached the patch and a short example mp3.

Enjoy!