SY-300- Chorus Octs: Multi-chorus with Octs above and below

Started by Rhcole, April 02, 2017, 11:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

This is based on the Multi Chorus patch I posted recently. It's reigned in so that the chorus speeds are less extreme. I also added a subtle Oct above your note along with the Oct below. The result is a less ringing and chimey chorus but one which is very rich sounding. Ctl 1 controls the patch blend.

kinkyroy

Fishbowl1968

I just bought an SY-300.  I am trying to create a simple octave up guitar patch.  I know it's easy but can't figure it out in the OSC's.  Where can I see how to do that? 

Thanks!

G

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Fishbowl1968 on February 07, 2018, 09:46:31 AM
I just bought an SY-300.  I am trying to create a simple octave up guitar patch.  I know it's easy but can't figure it out in the OSC's.  Where can I see how to do that? 

Thanks!

G

Pitch parameter after the osc wave
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Fishbowl1968

I'm in the BOSS tone studio and looking at OSC layers but lost AF.  What knob do I turn to change the pitch?   :-\

Fishbowl1968

I'm turning the pitch knob but nothing is happening.  I think I have to turn on something else?   :-\

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Fishbowl1968 on February 09, 2018, 04:44:39 PM
I'm turning the pitch knob but nothing is happening.  I think I have to turn on something else?   :-\

Which waveform are you using?

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

ElliotG

I recommend you download and print the parameter guide/sound list.  This is a critical reference document for understanding all of the parameters.  The document is not perfect, but it is helpful.

You can not select "input" if you want to change the pitch.  In the attached screenshot, in OSC1 I have selected a SQR up one octave (pitch +12), in OSC2 a SQR down one octave (pitch -12), and OSC 3 a TRI at pitch (pitch 0).

You can adjust the levels of each of these OSC on the FILTER/AMP page by using the level controls.
The raw guitar sound is coming in on the THRU/RTN and you can use the final mixer to adjust the level of the synth(OSC's) vs the guitar.

Enjoy!

I've added a quick sample.  This includes the unprocessed guitar sound, and the settings described above with a little reverb. (This is NOT an example of the multi-chorus patch)

Fishbowl1968

Elantric

Fwiw

The SY-300 patch Exchange would get more hits if folks posted a short MP3 audio demo.

It might inspire generating a larger SY300 community

Without a demo , you will only get 6 or 8 downloads because the installed user base of SY-300 owners with access to BTS for SY-300  is still very small.

Roland is not getting rich from SY300 sales. As it remains the most misunderstood product in the Boss catalog , as most read the mixed reviews and look at getting another traditional MFX ( Line6 HX Effects ) instead.

ElliotG

Fishbowl1968

I have made some learning curve advancements in the past few days.  Thanks again for the octave up help.

Questions:

1.)  I cannot figure out how to start my own thread on this forum.  As soon as I can figure that out, I can stop bothering you and start asking everyone questions.

2.)  I am assuming the "Pat's Heritage" patch is the old Roland Pat Metheny patch.  I like it, but how I can retain the spirit of that patch and make it less distorted and noisy?  :o

ElliotG

Here is how to start your own thread...

Go to the top of a forum section, and select new topic.

I'll start one for you, quote part 2 of your question and begin :)

Elantric

Quote from: ElliotG on February 11, 2018, 08:20:00 PM
Here is how to start your own thread...

Go to the top of a forum section, and select new topic.

I'll start one for you, quote part 2 of your question and begin :)

VGuitar Forums > VGuitar Central > Forum / Web Site Help / FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=23.0
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=help